advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Big Changes Coming for Apple Music?
Posted by: steve...
Date: May 06, 2016 10:59AM
Apple Inc. is planning sweeping changes to its year-old music streaming service after the first iteration of the product was met with tepid reviews and several executives brought in to revive the company's music strategy departed.

Apple is altering the user interface of Apple Music to make it more intuitive to use, according to people familiar with the product who asked not to be identified because the plans aren’t public. Apple also plans to better integrate its streaming and download businesses and expand its online radio service, the people said. The reboot is expected to be unveiled at the company’s Worldwide Developers Conference in June. The changes will be accompanied by a marketing blitz to lure more customers to the $10-per-month streaming service. An Apple spokesman declined to comment.

Bloomberg.com

yesterday's forum thread

Northern California Coast
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Big Changes Coming for Apple Music?
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: May 06, 2016 11:00AM
One can only hope. Of course, I'm not their target audience. I have no interest in anything about that app except how easily it can play what I have stored on my device.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2016 11:02AM by ka jowct.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: May 06, 2016 11:10AM
ka jowct
One can only hope. Of course, I'm not their target audience. I have no interest in anything about that app except how easily it can play what I have stored on my device.

This is my position too. I'm just frustrated that they've made iTunes on iOS a streaming service that also kind of plays my music too, instead of the other way around. Trying to get my music to play on my phone should be the second easiest thing to accomplish, after making/receiving calls. Currently though...it's almost impossible in the default music app. I've had to resort to using a third party app (ecoute) to access my music. It isn't perfect either, but at least it focuses on my music and not what someone else thinks I should be listening to.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 06, 2016 11:15AM
After the stories about Apple erasing people's private libraries of music that they personally created, I can't see professionals trusting them for a several years.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: freeradical
Date: May 06, 2016 11:15AM
Everybody out there only wants five or ten bucks a month for some awesome service that you've just got to have. Some people only want a buck or two.

If you sign up for enough of these, it eventually becomes real money. People have noticed this.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: May 06, 2016 11:25AM
Filliam H. Muffman
After the stories about Apple erasing people's private libraries of music that they personally created, I can't see professionals trusting them for a several years.

[www.imore.com]
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 06, 2016 11:48AM
ztirffritz
ka jowct

This is my position too. I'm just frustrated that they've made iTunes on iOS a streaming service that also kind of plays my music too, instead of the other way around.

iTunes on iOS isn't a streaming service. Apple Music is a streaming service. You can still purchase music in iOS using the iTunes Store app and play that music back (as well as any music you transfer from your computer) using the Music app.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Michael
Date: May 06, 2016 11:51AM
I just this morning finished ripping 500-ish CD's to my computer. We had a 300 CD changer that is going bad so I decided to rip them and put them on a 64gb iPhone 4s that connects to my receiver via a 30-pin dock connector. Now I have to figure out how to organize them. I'm not enamored with iTunes anymore so I'm on the search. I'll look at ecoute--thanks ztirffritz!
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: May 06, 2016 12:05PM
iTunes Store app? Meaning the one on the computer?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 06, 2016 01:54PM
"Apple is altering the user interface of Apple Music to make it more intuitive to use," suck worse for anyone over the age of 12.

Fixed it.
Posted by: August West
Date: May 06, 2016 02:29PM
Filliam H. Muffman

This. I and many others will never use their service, no matter what they have to say about it.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Posted by: Manlove
Date: May 06, 2016 02:29PM
It is a convoluted nightmare. Hard to navigate and asks questions that you have to google to know how to answer. I'm getting pretty sick of Apple...it's starting to mess things up too often.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 06, 2016 03:08PM
cbelt3
"Apple is altering the user interface of Apple Music to make it more intuitive to use," suck worse for anyone over the age of 12.

Fixed it.

Fixed it even more.

It is what it is.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 06, 2016 04:55PM
Why don't they just admit failure and kill it? No point in hanging on to a bad idea.

Posted by: hal
Date: May 06, 2016 05:29PM
$tevie
Why don't they just admit failure and kill it? No point in hanging on to a bad idea.

$$ of course...

They are trying to pull a Microsoft. If they get a good enough service and point every OSx/iOS device in that direction during setup, they can capture a GIGANTIC slice of the pay for stream music sector for next to nothing.
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: May 09, 2016 06:16PM
I use Marvis on my iPhone, beats the hell out of iMusic.

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 103
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020