The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Russian doping allegations
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 12, 2016 07:48PM
[www.nytimes.com]

Russian Insider Says State-Run Doping Fueled Olympic Gold

The director of Russia’s antidoping laboratory at the time of the Sochi Games said urine samples were surreptitiously replaced by somehow breaking into supposedly tamper-proof bottles.

LOS ANGELES — Dozens of Russian athletes at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, including at least 15 medal winners, were part of a state-run doping program, meticulously planned for years to ensure dominance at the Games, according to the director of the country’s antidoping laboratory at the time.

The director, Grigory Rodchenkov, who ran the laboratory that handled testing for thousands of Olympians, said he developed a three-drug cocktail of banned substances that he mixed with liquor and provided to dozens of Russian athletes, helping to facilitate one of the most elaborate — and successful — doping ploys in sports history.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Russian doping allegations
Posted by: Buck
Date: May 12, 2016 07:58PM
Shocking! I had no idea. All of that stopped after the Soviet Union died!
confused smiley
Posted by: rgG
Date: May 12, 2016 08:12PM
Russia, the new East Germany, or just the same old Russia. smiling smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: blooz
Date: May 12, 2016 09:46PM
I am shocked, shocked!

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 12, 2016 11:03PM
Sports as a career is sort of a joke anyway, right?

Jack 'em all up, imo.
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: May 13, 2016 07:42AM
The director, Grigory Rodchenkov, who ran the laboratory that handled testing for thousands of Olympians, said he developed a three-drug cocktail of banned substances that he mixed with liquor and provided to dozens of Russian athletes, helping to facilitate one of the most elaborate — and successful — doping ploys in sports history.

Simple fix. Just say NYET!

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2016 07:44AM by Jack D..
Posted by: SteveO
Date: May 13, 2016 08:18AM
Yep. Same old same old. They've probably been doing this for decades on a systematic basis. Wouldn't surprise me to learn if the US team did the same -- though I doubt it would have been as systematic as this. Probably would've been done on a sport by sport/individual basis.

IOC has proven themselves corrupt with site selection bribes, etc., so really none of this is surprising.

International competition is incredibly corrupt. I'd extend that to domestic pro sports also. What a shame.
Posted by: rz
Date: May 13, 2016 08:55AM
Not the main reason I stopped watching the Olympics many years ago, but not surprising.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 79
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020