advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
class action settlement
Posted by: Fritz
Date: June 11, 2016 09:06AM
got my code number for the "front-loading clothes washer" class action suit against Whirlpool et al.
Gonna geta 5% discount of my next Whirlpool front loader blah, blah, blah.

"The complaints charge that certain front-load washers manufactured and sold by these companies are defective because they accumulate mold and cannot adequately clean themselves. As a result, the complaints allege, these washers require extraordinary and expensive actions by consumers including running extra cleaning cycles, leaving the door open between use, and wiping down the washer after every use with bleach. The complaints further assert that the manufacturers wrongly failed to disclose the machines’ defect, and maintenance required as a result, prior to sale." (from the lawyers website).

And "ruined laundry" and/or creating an environment that would develop the kind of flying fire breathing dragons that Khaleesi would envy.
Apparently some people have never heard of the concept of running some white vinegar every now and then to kill the funk.

The legal "team" will get $7.3M in fees and $7.3M in expenses. $7.3M in expenses? WTF?
That's a lot of take out, intoxicated private jet flights with hookers.

I feel cleaner already … onto the Brazil Olympics.

!#$@@$#!

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: class action settlement
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: June 11, 2016 10:48AM
There you go, our legal system at work..the law working for us..5 percent off..such a swinging deal.

My dad was recently owed about 130 grand for a debt..The guy who owed the money to my Dad was suing a lawyer for malpractice..The judgement should have covered this sum..The Lawyer for the guy who owed my Dad the money took such a heavy cut that my Dad ended up with 15 grand from the result. The guy who owed him the money in the first place then filed for bankruptcy...The bankruptcy courts granted it even though this man turned out to be a criminal..a pedophile and a con man.

An extremely simple explanation of this event but there you have it.

Another example of things that are wrong in this world/country.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: June 11, 2016 11:43AM
Look at the deal I just got recently...

[forums.macresource.com]

jest smiley
Posted by: space-time
Date: June 11, 2016 12:42PM
someone said they got a big check ($100?) a few years ago, I can't recall what it was for, maybe those Clorox toilet bowl tablets or something else.

these 5% discounts or $2.25 CREDIT are insult to injury IMHO.
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: June 11, 2016 01:28PM
space-time
someone said they got a big check ($100?) a few years ago, I can't recall what it was for...

Well - eating Kashi cereal did pay off for me about a year and a half ago...

Posted by: Acer
Date: June 11, 2016 01:40PM
I once scored a class action settlement check for a sum that was less than the postage stamp on the envelope that contained the check.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2016 01:41PM by Acer.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 11, 2016 02:01PM
Acer
I once scored a class action settlement check for a sum that was less than the postage stamp on the envelope that contained the check.

I've gotten several of those.
Posted by: bruceko
Date: June 11, 2016 09:39PM
My mother received a $1.92 government stimulus check when the were hand them out. Guess the Stimulus was to create more government jobs.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 12, 2016 05:19AM
space-time
someone said they got a big check ($100?) a few years ago, I can't recall what it was for, maybe those Clorox toilet bowl tablets or something else.

these 5% discounts or $2.25 CREDIT are insult to injury IMHO.

Yes, me, and it was $120!

[forums.macresource.com]

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: raz
Date: June 13, 2016 08:53AM
We had one of those Whirlpool POS washers. I'm not sure why we didn't get the settlement, but since I'd never by a Whirlpool washer again ...

--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020