advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Breaking News: ---> hostage situation in Walmart in Amarillo, TX....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 14, 2016 12:32PM
....flashed on screen...

Active shooter, hostage situation at Walmart in Amarillo, Texas – police

....An active shooter situation is unfolding at a Walmart in Amarillo, Texas, local police say. The shooter is believed to have hostages, according to local reports.
The Amarillo Police Department has evacuated the west side of the store, according to KVII.

NO confirmed gunshot victims at Wal-Mart. Officers are inside. No shooting ongoing at this moment.

— Amarillo Police Dept (@AmarilloPD) Jun 14 2016
There have not been any confirmed gunshot victims inside the store, Amarillo PD said.

The City's Office of Emergency Mgt., @AmarilloPD and @AmarilloFire are on the scene of an active shooter incident, Walmart, I-27 & Georgia.

— CityofAmarillo (@CityofAmarillo) Jun 14 2016
The Randall County Sheriff's Office says "several law enforcement agencies are currently on the scene with an armed subject," adding that "there are reports the subject inside may have hostages."

Police have not said if anyone is hurt but they have called for people to stay away from the area....

Breaking news story........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Breaking News: ---> hostage situation in Walmart in Amarillo, TX....
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 14, 2016 01:05PM
All over. Disgruntled employee issue ? Sadly the hostage taker is now dead. Suicide by cop ?

"Witnesses said the shooter was an employee who took another employee hostage, KVII reported."

Sad. Once SWAT arrives, hostage takers usually realize they have a binary solution seat. Surrender / Death.

Posted by: SteveO
Date: June 14, 2016 01:22PM
>Sad. Once SWAT arrives, hostage takers usually realize they have a binary solution seat. Surrender / Death.

Except in Florida? I read an AP story last night that SWAT was there 3 FULL HOURS Saturday night before going in.

EDIT: There 3 hours before being given permission to go in. I'm sure SWAT officers had no say in their action plan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2016 01:26PM by SteveO.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 14, 2016 02:07PM
Except in Florida?

Hence the use of the word "usually".

But we don't know what the shooter did or didn't realize.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: June 14, 2016 02:42PM
I'm currently participating in a Citizens Police Academy that is a REALLY unique and educational experience. We get to learn and participate in Yakima WA's police force and see the stuff that they deal with. Yakima is a...rough...community for the police. 1/6 Yakima police officers on the force will be involved in a shooting in their career according to statistics. Yakima's SWAT team was among the first in the nation to utilize a staff psychologist to work with SWAT to find ways to de-escalate situations before involving the rest of the SWAT team. They've had a pretty good success rate too, but there are times when they need to use the pointy end of the stick to quickly neutralize a situation where a civilian is in imminent danger. I think in Orlando they were treating it as a hostage situation until they decided that the shooter had a death wish and was bent on taking as many people with him as possible. At that point they rammed their armored vehicle through the wall of the building and liberated as many hostages as they could while storming the building to find and neutralize the shooter. They were working with an incomplete data set and doing the best they could. Some people fleeing the building said the shooter was wearing a bomb, but it was likely a tactical vest holding his ammo. That mention of a bomb caused them to pause too I'm sure.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: freeradical
Date: June 14, 2016 02:53PM
ztirffritz
I'm currently participating in a Citizens Police Academy that is a REALLY unique and educational experience. We get to learn and participate in Yakima WA's police force and see the stuff that they deal with. Yakima is a...rough...community for the police. 1/6 Yakima police officers on the force will be involved in a shooting in their career according to statistics. Yakima's SWAT team was among the first in the nation to utilize a staff psychologist to work with SWAT to find ways to de-escalate situations before involving the rest of the SWAT team. They've had a pretty good success rate too, but there are times when they need to use the pointy end of the stick to quickly neutralize a situation where a civilian is in imminent danger. I think in Orlando they were treating it as a hostage situation until they decided that the shooter had a death wish and was bent on taking as many people with him as possible. At that point they rammed their armored vehicle through the wall of the building and liberated as many hostages as they could while storming the building to find and neutralize the shooter. They were working with an incomplete data set and doing the best they could. Some people fleeing the building said the shooter was wearing a bomb, but it was likely a tactical vest holding his ammo. That mention of a bomb caused them to pause too I'm sure.

Yakima looks like a small town.

Why does it have a reputation for lots of crime? Meth?
Posted by: rz
Date: June 14, 2016 03:25PM
Maybe the Donald should propose banning Walmart employees from entering the country...
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: June 14, 2016 04:16PM
freeradical
ztirffritz

Yakima looks like a small town.

Why does it have a reputation for lots of crime? Meth?

Location location location. We're at the crossroads of Seattle, Spokane, Portland, and Vancouver. It used to have a bustling meth trade, but that has largely been neutralized. The meth trade, and agricultural background, brought a lot of Central and South American gang members. The drugs left but the gangs remained.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: June 14, 2016 04:35PM
rz
Maybe the Donald should propose banning Walmart employees from entering the country...

I think we (and the Donald) should just ban Walmart. (multiple) Problems solved.

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: billb
Date: June 14, 2016 04:41PM
Yeah everyone on food stamps will just shop at Whole Foods instead.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: fauch
Date: June 14, 2016 06:24PM
What kind of a dumbass takes hostages in a Texas Walmart? Don't they SELL guns there??? I'm surprised there's anything left of the guy...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 109
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020