advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Iphone 5c is HOT HOT HOT ! Battery replacement ?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 20, 2016 04:01PM
Daughter's iPhone 5c is going into thermal shutdown a lot, and dang is it hot ! During operation and charge. I suspect a dying battery. OK, fine, I have tools and a magnifying thingamajig for my head, but... eww. hot glue ?

Is there possibly an active Apple recall for these suckers ? Because hot smiley ?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Iphone 5c is HOT HOT HOT ! Battery replacement ?
Posted by: billb
Date: June 20, 2016 04:20PM
Disassemble and remove battery at high noon outdoors in Phoenix.

How about a 5s at Walmart.
For the Princess.

Edit: heh, engineers often pawn these technical jobs off on technicians with technique and technical skills because they know what they're doing.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2016 04:23PM by billb.
Posted by: tenders
Date: June 20, 2016 04:57PM
The battery on a 5c will take you $25 and 60 minutes to replace the first time, and you'll be glad you did it. 30 minutes the net time you need to do it.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: June 20, 2016 05:34PM
I paid $10 for a battery for my 5, chickened out on doing it myself, guy in Harrisburg, NC changed it for $20.
So for $30 I didn't have to mess with it and I honestly believe it's better than it was when it was new.

Grateful11
Posted by: Michael
Date: June 20, 2016 06:43PM
Is it harder on a 5 than on a 4s? That one took me maybe 10 minutes after watching a Youtube video. It costs something like $12 for battery and tools on eBay.
Posted by: tronnei
Date: June 20, 2016 07:01PM
I've replaced batteries on two different 5c phones. Batteries are $6 on eBay, or a couple of bucks more with a tool kit. Watch the ifixit video and you can do it yourself. The only tricky part is removing the sticky tape that holds the battery in; it's impossible to remove as demonstrated by the video. Each time I wound up prying the original battery off the tape. This wrecks the battery, but so what. Dispose of it in an environmentally correct manner.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020