advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
TAKycardia?!....Spock is now disappointed with George TAKei.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 08, 2016 01:50PM
....Zachary Quinto who plays Spock and is 'out'.......is now disappointed with George Takei.....for being disappointed at Sulu's 'outing'....

........this 'Star Trek' universe is just so full of disappointment.....

Zachary Quinto Upset by George Takei's Opposition to Star Trek Film's Gay Sulu

....There’s a whole lot of disappointment in the Star Trek universe right now.

Shortly after George Takei — who played Star Trek’s Hikaru Sulu on TV and in movies from 1996 to 1991 — said it’s “unfortunate” that the character is being revealed as gay in the upcoming film Star Trek Beyond, Zachary Quinto — who plays Spock in the big-screen franchise — is weighing in with a counterpoint.

“As a member of the LGBT community myself, I was disappointed by the fact that George was disappointed,” Quinto tells Pedestrian.TV, adding, “I get it that he has had his own personal journey and has his own personal relationship with this character, but … as we established in the first Star Trek film in 2009, we’ve created an alternate universe.”

He concludes by saying, “My hope is that eventually George can be strengthened by the enormously positive response from especially young people who are heartened by and inspired by this really tasteful and beautiful portrayal of something that I think is gaining acceptance and inclusion in our societies across the world, and should be.”

Star Trek Beyond co-writer Simon Pegg has also weighed in on the issue, telling the UK’s Guardian, “[We] loved the idea of it being someone we already knew because the audience have a pre-existing opinion of that character as a human being, unaffected by any prejudice. Their sexual orientation is just one of many personal aspects, not the defining characteristic.”

those crazy 'Star Trek'.....cats......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2016 02:22PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: this is highly ILLOGICAL?!....Spock is now disappointed with George Takei.......
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 08, 2016 02:22PM
My feeling was Takei was pouting that he didn't get his way.

Regardless, it's a fictional show.. does it really warrant the issue?

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Re: this is highly ILLOGICAL?!....Spock is now disappointed with George Takei.......
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 08, 2016 04:06PM
Ombligo
Regardless, it's a fictional show.. does it really warrant the issue?

Whoa now, we're talking Star Trek.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 08, 2016 04:18PM
Ombligo
My feeling was Takei was pouting that he didn't get his way.

Not mine. Many who knew Roddenberry personally - and in particular the cast of ST: TOS - are and have always been insanely loyal to the man and his vision.

It is what it is.
Re: TAKycardia?!....Spock is now disappointed with George TAKei.......
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: July 08, 2016 05:38PM
You know, it's really swell that Star Trek is now filled with all this politically correct "gay-ness", but I don't care. I just want to watch the show and be immersed in the plot.

I do NOT need to know who's doing who and with what toy or species. I DO however need to know that there is a Klingon ship uncloaking off the port bow and their weapons are powered up. At that point I expect the Mr Sulu (or Mr Spock) character of any sexual orientation to take the proper action and do his job to entertain me.

This is all TMI. It takes the fun out of it when you start worrying about this stuff.

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Date: July 08, 2016 06:36PM
Jack D.
You know, it's really swell that Star Trek is now filled with all this politically correct "gay-ness"

It is what it is.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 08, 2016 06:56PM
....I...... think.......... that...................... maybe.......................... there.............................. was............................... a.......................................... sale............................................ on................................................. dots................................................... and.............................................. Newton....................................................................... bought................................................................ too................................................................. many...........................................

(or she's got a stuck key on her keyboard)

gender correction requested

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2016 07:09PM by DeusxMac.
Date: July 08, 2016 06:59PM
DeusxMac
....I...... think.......... that...................... maybe.......................... there.............................. was............................... a.......................................... sale............................................ on................................................. dots................................................... and.............................................. Newton....................................................................... bought................................................................ too................................................................. many...........................................

(or he's got a stuck key on his keyboard)

Yeah, that's part of what makes HER posts so difficult for me to read.

It is what it is.
Date: July 08, 2016 07:04PM
......nice.....making fun.....of.....someone's.....stutter.........clas.....sy......

....by the way.......never confirmed sex........except......checking yes to the question..........

sex......yes, sir....!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2016 07:07PM by NewtonMP2100.
Date: July 08, 2016 07:18PM
NewtonMP2100
......nice.....making fun.....of.....someone's.....stutter.........clas.....sy......

....by the way.......never confirmed sex........except......checking yes to the question..........

sex......yes, sir....!!!

Affecting a stutter in writing - even more classy.

RollingEyesSmiley5

It is what it is.
Date: July 08, 2016 07:21PM
N-OS X-tasy!
NewtonMP2100

sex......yes, sir....!!!

Affecting a stutter in writing - even more classy.

RollingEyesSmiley5

and you know it is an affectation because............??

next time I'll remember to become a drone like everyone else......why be unique when you can be like a carbon copy clone......

Date: July 08, 2016 08:02PM
NewtonMP2100
...next time I'll remember to become a drone like everyone else......why be unique when you can be like a carbon copy clone......

You put all those superfluous dots in your writing to be "unique"??

Writing a coherent paragraph is "drone like" and "carbon copy clone"??

Good grief! RollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 08, 2016 08:09PM
This whole thread has become RollingEyesSmiley5

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: July 09, 2016 06:57PM
NewtonMP2100

sex......yes, sir....!!!
So............ NewtonMP2100 is the MRF's own Pat?
Date: July 09, 2016 08:49PM
DeusxMac
NewtonMP2100
...next time I'll remember to become a drone like everyone else......why be unique when you can be like a carbon copy clone......

You put all those superfluous dots in your writing to be "unique"??

Writing a coherent paragraph is "drone like" and "carbon copy clone"??

Good grief! RollingEyesSmiley5

....heard of something called "style"....people are different and everyone does things there own way......why.....do you like to question what other people do.....??

if I asked you why you eat with a fork and not your fingers.....please.....if you are rolling your eyes....you probably need to see a doctor about that.....and your other issues with others doing things that you don't like......someone called H*****....did the same thing....they did something about the people that they didn't like doing things differently........

you should probably concern yourself with thing more important than the formatting of post on a forum....don't you think.....???

sheesh......<rolls entire face>.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2016 08:50PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 09, 2016 11:02PM
You all leave Newt alone. Those dots aren't hurting anyone. baseball bat smiley
Date: July 10, 2016 07:11PM
NewtonMP2100
someone called H*****....did the same thing...

Ah, prime demonstration of Godwin's Law.

That IS "style" Newt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 103
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020