advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Oh, I'm tired
Posted by: samintx
Date: July 14, 2016 02:06PM
Swam laps for an hour today + one and I'm ready to flop. I was fine in the pool. Could have kept swimming but had to get out for the old folks aerobic class. Ate some macr and chez, now to the Lazy Boy and watch a movie.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Oh, I'm tired
Posted by: testcase
Date: July 14, 2016 02:09PM
Good for you keeping active! I was at the gym this morning myself. I really need to lose some weight but, retired life sure makes it easy to be an idler. sad smiley
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 14, 2016 02:13PM
I'm glad you have the opportunity to swim, because that is such a good exercise that is not hard on your knees and other joints.
Posted by: samintx
Date: July 14, 2016 02:15PM
I swim 4 days a week( about 1/2 Hr each day +aerobics) and walk the other 3. I hate exercise but love swimming. I learned from my Hawaiian father when I was 5. Amazing how swimming helps the lung power.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2016 02:16PM by samintx.
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: July 14, 2016 02:54PM
Good for you. I don't have the discipline, especially on days like today, with 90 temps and high humidity

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: Microman
Date: July 14, 2016 03:51PM
I can't swim well. I never could. I could tread water for a while, and I can pretend to swim, but I can't get the timing down. I watch these young swimmers and do lap after lap at the YMCA. And after they do one lap, I say to myself, boy, I would be tired.
Posted by: Drew
Date: July 14, 2016 07:17PM
Microman
I can't swim well. I never could. I could tread water for a while, and I can pretend to swim, but I can't get the timing down. I watch these young swimmers and do lap after lap at the YMCA. And after they do one lap, I say to myself, boy, I would be tired.

Same here. I can do other sporting activities for long periods, but can't seem to learn how to swim efficiently. After a couple of laps, I have to stop. Would love to swim for fitness, because it seems to be good in a lot of ways.
Posted by: blooz
Date: July 14, 2016 09:02PM
I wish I had somewhere to swim besides the Y. The chlorine in their pool just is not good for me.
My exercise is planking, jumping rope, and standing up as much as possible in my job. As a test proctor, I have the option of standing up a lot. Not everyone has this.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 15, 2016 07:37AM
....so you STAND......and Deliver......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 109
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020