advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Lost my best friend this week
Posted by: mjgkramer
Date: July 23, 2016 09:39AM
Max, my 13 year old "salt and pepper" miniature schnauzer, became lethargic on Monday, so we took him to the vet, who determined that he had acute pancreatitis. He did not respond to antibiotics, so we had them put him down on Wednesday. He was my constant companion and very loving so I am not taking it well. Lady, the white one, is 12 years old so we face losing her before long as well.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Lost my best friend this week
Posted by: Pam
Date: July 23, 2016 09:44AM
I am so sorry! Pancreatitis can take a long time to resolve, if at all, and is hard enough on a young dog.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: July 23, 2016 09:46AM
So sorry for your loss...

=wr=
Posted by: what4
Date: July 23, 2016 09:48AM
So sorry. It is a loss most of us can feel for.
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 23, 2016 10:08AM
I know how hard this is. It's so painful. Prayers up for your doggies, you and your family.
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 23, 2016 10:11AM
Sorry for your loss. And so sudden, too.
Posted by: rz
Date: July 23, 2016 10:13AM
I had a miniature schnauzer named Pax growing up. I was 20 when we had to put him down. Very sorry for your loss.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: July 23, 2016 11:09AM
Virtual hugs. It's so hard losing our fur buddies
Posted by: MikeF
Date: July 23, 2016 11:12AM
Our condolences on your loss. Always hard to lose a furry friend.
Posted by: Fred_Also
Date: July 23, 2016 11:43AM
My Rat Terrier is my constant companion. He's my little buddy. I feel your loss. Time will heal but it's still sad to think about them.

Remember the good times.

Fred
Posted by: billb
Date: July 23, 2016 12:14PM
Cool pet friend.
Their time is always far too short no matter how long that is.

I bet you all had some really great times.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: July 23, 2016 12:40PM
Aw, what a handsome pup! So sorry for your loss. he looks like a great pal. My condolences.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: July 23, 2016 01:07PM
I lost Angus 4 years ago to pancreatitis and complications of diabetes. He was 10 and my favorite. Very sorry for your and Lady's loss.

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 23, 2016 01:47PM
So sorry to hear about your fur baby. We lost our BooBoo to pancreatic cancer about 2.5 years ago. sad smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: July 23, 2016 02:08PM
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Here's a recent picture showing what I meant when I said he was my constant companion. He was like a shadow. He would follow so close that his whiskers would hit the back of my legs.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 23, 2016 02:49PM
:-(

He enjoyed every minute of it.
Posted by: A-Polly
Date: July 23, 2016 02:57PM
What a handsome doggie! Outstanding ears — they brought smiles to all who saw them, I'm sure. My condolences to you and everyone who knew and will miss Max. sad smiley
Posted by: testcase
Date: July 23, 2016 03:48PM
Condolences on your loss sad smiley
Date: July 23, 2016 04:00PM
When we first got Max as a baby his ears folded over like most schnauzers. But when we picked him up from his first grooming they were standing up and never went back down.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: July 23, 2016 05:03PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a pet is always difficult. We've lost two in the last year, LC was 15 and Chip was 18. Awesome pets. I feel sure Max is running somewhere in a better place free of pain now.

Grateful11
Posted by: DP
Date: July 23, 2016 05:22PM
He was so fortunate to have you as rescue humans. Very tough to lose your four-legged friend that brought such joy to your life. May you heal fast but never forget...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: GeneL
Date: July 23, 2016 06:28PM
If there's one thing that we forum members share, besides our involvement with Macs, it's our love of our companion dogs, cats, in my case, birds, hamsters, snakes and perhaps, fish?

I'm sure that we all dote on these pals of ours, so it is understandable that we grieve with our forum mates at the loss of one of their dear friends.

Particularly, I have a strong sense of your loss, mjg, because one morning, just weeks ago, I looked out at the lawn in front of our condo and saw on the grass, the remains of Little Boy. He was our neighbor's cat, but Mavis and I were his surrogate grandparents. For years, he would be out there to greet us when we first got up in the morning. He was very special to me, so when the only part of him that I could see was sweet little paw, I was devastated. He had been torn apart by a coyote. I am still miserable whenever I am reminded of him.

mjg, it will take time for your sorrow to abate, but eventually it will. It strikes me that what you wrote about Lady would suggest that she, too, was nearing her end of life. You have been a two miniarture schnauzer family for a long time and no doubt, Lady misses Max, so my thought for you is to go to local shelters and find a lost little schnauzer that needs a loving family
At the moment, nothing would replace Max in your heart, but it might be good for you and Lady to rescue a lost soul that is sitting alone wondering what is happening in its life.

I send you another virtual hug when words aren't enough.

Gene

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Date: July 23, 2016 06:48PM
GeneL - I am soon to be 77 and wife 74, a bit too old to get any new pets, though a puppy would be nice to have. Here is our other pet, Dave the pound kitty who is 14. He is also a very loving pet, giving kisses and coming when called.

Posted by: GeneL
Date: July 23, 2016 07:09PM
mjgkramer
GeneL - I am soon to be 77 and wife 74, a bit too old to get any new pets, though a puppy would be nice to have. Here is our other pet, Dave the pound kitty who is 14. He is also a very loving pet, giving kisses and coming when called.

I'm 78, so I can see how you feel about adopting a new pet.

My neighbor, who has been next door for years, has had a four cat family for many years in the past. Her kitties have enjoyed unusually long lives, living into their mid 20's.

Her family had shrunk to two, until the tragic loss of Little Boy. I truly wish she would keep her last kitten indoors, rather than risk its life, but she remains obstinate about letting her cat out, every day.

I dread what I know could happen, but I have no way to change things. It's an awful feeling, worrying about Helinah.

I hope that Dave stays around to comfort you for many years to come.

Best wishes,

Gene

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: July 23, 2016 10:18PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your pal. I dread the day I have to say goodbye to my kitties, who are pushing 17.

I understand your thoughts about adopting a new pet at your age. But perhaps fostering would be an option?

Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: July 23, 2016 10:43PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, just know you made your lttle guy's life very happy and full of love.

Posted by: blooz
Date: July 23, 2016 11:24PM
Over 25 years and i still miss my dog. Sorry for your loss,

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: Sam3
Date: July 25, 2016 05:46AM
My condolences as well. I know how you are feeling, we lost Sadie, our rescue Belgian Tervuren a month ago to old age.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020