advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I mowed the lawn!
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: July 23, 2016 03:44PM
I know. I know. Well seeing as we just moved to our new home on June 22, this is the first time I've mowed OUR lawn. And beyond that, the first time I've mowed any lawn in over 20 years. I twas surprisingly therapeutic.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I mowed the lawn!
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 23, 2016 03:53PM
....is that a euphemism.....??

....'cause just 'mowed the lawn'......too......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: billb
Date: July 23, 2016 03:55PM
Water it and fertilize it so you can do it again !!!!

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: July 23, 2016 04:10PM
If you need more 'therapy' and you behave while you're here, I'll let you mow my lawn too.

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: Don C
Date: July 23, 2016 04:15PM
I sort out all kinds of things with myself while mowing. A little time to commune with self and whatever bit of nature a lawn represents.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 23, 2016 06:03PM
A lawn mower is like a treadmill that you can't completely ignore.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 23, 2016 09:34PM
Jack D.
If you need more 'therapy' and you behave while you're here, I'll let you mow my lawn too.

You can mow mine and I don't even care if you behave. grinning smiley

We are trying to get our house ready to put on the market and one reason is I am tired of mowing the lawn, lol.

If it weren't so damn hot and humid here for most of the lawn cutting season, maybe it wouldn't be that bad.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: July 23, 2016 09:53PM
I agree with bazookaman. When I get on the John Deere and mow the back yard acre of grass, my brain just goes into rest mode. It's too loud hear anything, all I have to do is go in a straight line and turn once in a while. My brain decompresses and thinks about whatever it wants to, or nothing. Walking with the small mower for trimming and the weed whacking is not as fun or therapeutic though.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: richorlin
Date: July 23, 2016 09:58PM
Well, I haven't

richorlin

[DrawingMyLife.com]
Posted by: 3d
Date: July 24, 2016 05:10AM
Did you get the electric mower? Or was that someone else...
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: July 24, 2016 07:26AM
3d
Did you get the electric mower? Or was that someone else...

That was me. And no I didn't. Had a friend who let me borrow his mower. He's got a riding mower so he had no need of his push mower. Plus, I've spent god knows how much at home depot over the last few weeks on the new house, there's no way I could have afforded a new lawnmower.

I have looked at it several times on my many trips to the HD though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 07:26AM by bazookaman.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: July 24, 2016 09:29AM
I was driving around the countryside near where Im working..surprising number of folks with HUGE clear cuts and grass installed..was a seeing a lot of folks out on Saturday doing their mowing..acres of it. I was thinking to myself how big the carbon footprint is with regard to maintaining a close cut lawn...sheesh...I could see this as an OCD for some folks.

not being a meanie, just saying' there are other options that are much more positive and beautiful.
Posted by: billb
Date: July 24, 2016 09:56AM
You'd think a majestic oasis of beautiful green would be a major contributor towards carbon dioxide absorption, but by the time you add in all the pollutant mowing, watering and fertilizing it's a contributor to global warming instead.

Nice to be able to get a good clear shot on intruders though.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: davester
Date: July 24, 2016 10:56AM
Kraniac
I was driving around the countryside near where Im working..surprising number of folks with HUGE clear cuts and grass installed..was a seeing a lot of folks out on Saturday doing their mowing..acres of it. I was thinking to myself how big the carbon footprint is with regard to maintaining a close cut lawn...sheesh...I could see this as an OCD for some folks.

not being a meanie, just saying' there are other options that are much more positive and beautiful.

I've had this same thought. We've only ever had a postage stamp lawn and a manual reel mower, but last year due to the California drought we let it die and are putting in flagstones bordered by some low water use flower beds with drippers. I need to put up the lawnmower on the free list since it's just taking up space now.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2016 10:56AM by davester.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 24, 2016 04:31PM
My son is visiting and is just stepping out right now to do our lawn. (He filled the dishwasher earlier today but yesterday I helped him, or rather he helped me, put brakes on his car.). It goes fast with this:

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 24, 2016 08:47PM
.....did the lawn.....match the drapes....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020