advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
modified exhaust
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 28, 2016 07:04AM
I saw this little pick-up truck with 2 exhaust pipes mounted vertically behind the cabin, and when it started, made a loud noise and let out a cloud of thick, black smoke that took several minutes to clear out. I guess it was a Diesel truck, even then, the guy must have made significant changes to the engine and exhaust system, since I find it hard to believe that anything produced in the last 15 years has this kind of exhaust. The truck looked pretty new, maybe only a few year old.

Why do people do that (it's a rhetorical question), but most important, how did he pass emission test? I didn't get s chance to see the license plate to see what state he is from.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: modified exhaust
Posted by: testcase
Date: August 28, 2016 08:06AM
Not all states require emissions testing. Lots of states have yahoo knuckleheads, though.
Posted by: billb
Date: August 28, 2016 08:15AM
Like this ? :

[www.odditycentral.com]

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: billb
Date: August 28, 2016 08:32AM
Hah! Timely, it's not just a few truck owners who are not representative of truck owners:
[www.universalhub.com]
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 28, 2016 09:03AM
billb
Like this ? :

[www.odditycentral.com]

200% like that. OK, I am exaggerating, 100% like that one.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 28, 2016 09:09AM
It seems a lot of idiots like rolling coal and making noise. I prefer the quietest ride I can get.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: modelamac
Date: August 28, 2016 09:11AM
Addressing your questions one by one:

The black smoke is diesel exhaust as you surmised, but it is due to a dirty fuel filter. Diesel fuel filter get dirty, affect timing and put out nasty smoke.

Not all states have emissions testing.

Why does anyone put $ into customizing a vehicle? There are as many reasons as there are people. (because they didn't want a tattoo?)

space-time
I saw this little pick-up truck with 2 exhaust pipes mounted vertically behind the cabin, and when it started, made a loud noise and let out a cloud of thick, black smoke that took several minutes to clear out. I guess it was a Diesel truck, even then, the guy must have made significant changes to the engine and exhaust system, since I find it hard to believe that anything produced in the last 15 years has this kind of exhaust. The truck looked pretty new, maybe only a few year old.

Why do people do that (it's a rhetorical question), but most important, how did he pass emission test? I didn't get s chance to see the license plate to see what state he is from.

Ed (modelamac)

I think I will just put an OUT OF ORDER
sticker on my head and call it a day.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: August 28, 2016 09:54AM
The tractor mechanic my family uses says some call it, "Prius Spray". When he said that I was like how
stupid. My son was hauling some round bales of hay down the road back in the Spring and someone
done this to him as they were passing, blew black @#$%& all over him, rednecks!

Grateful11
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: August 28, 2016 10:44AM
less than half the 100 counties here require emissions testing.

testcase
Not all states require emissions testing. Lots of states have yahoo knuckleheads, though.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 28, 2016 12:57PM
testcase

smiley-score010
Posted by: maco
Date: August 28, 2016 01:28PM
Grateful11
The tractor mechanic my family uses says some call it, "Prius Spray". When he said that I was like how
stupid. My son was hauling some round bales of hay down the road back in the Spring and someone

I've seen them here in Colorado, typically they have been Dodge pickup trucks. One did have a large sign that said: "Prius Insecticide."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2016 01:29PM by maco.
Date: August 28, 2016 01:49PM
maco
Grateful11

I've seen them here in Colorado, typically they have been Dodge pickup trucks. One did have a large sign that said: "Prius Insecticide."

Why are these morons so bothered by a Prius?

It's usually those butt riding, towing mirrors all the way out, Dodge truck driving morons.

My brother does a fair amount towing and he asked a Dodge driver one day why he rode around with his
mirrors extended all the way out and he told it was called, "Phantom Towing". Are these people nuts or what?

Grateful11
Posted by: Forrest
Date: August 28, 2016 02:48PM

Why are these morons so bothered by a Prius?
The morons must be jealous that Prius owners are getting 50 mpg, while they are lucky to get 15 mpg!
Posted by: max
Date: August 28, 2016 03:18PM
apparently there is a mutual connection between the two ends of the spectrum....
[hu.urbandictionary.com]
Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 28, 2016 07:11PM
I was behind a low rider at a stop light once, and when the light went green and he took off, a huge cloud of smoke bellowed out from his car. It turns out that he apparently had a way of dripping oil on his exhaust system at the push of a button.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: August 29, 2016 08:00AM
'modified exhaust' is also the reason my HOA had to ban all motorcycles.

after some resident's kid decided to 'straight pipe' or whatever the *!@# else they do to make it sound loud as possible.
Date: August 29, 2016 09:25AM
max
apparently there is a mutual connection between the two ends of the spectrum....
[hu.urbandictionary.com]

I read some of those, wow there's some messed up people out there.

Grateful11
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 29, 2016 12:51PM
Bill in NC
'modified exhaust' is also the reason my HOA had to ban all motorcycles.

after some resident's kid decided to 'straight pipe' or whatever the *!@# else they do to make it sound loud as possible.

Would they ban cars if someone was hit by one? Or, does noise trump everything ?

Hurts like a bastid...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 208
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020