advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
vote to REMOVE?!....FDA issues BAN on this......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 02, 2016 05:50PM
.....ingredients in antibacterial soaps/washes....no proof they are more effective than plain soap.....in fact, they can do more harm [ antibiotic resistance ].........companies will slowly phase them out....

FDA bans some antibacterial chemicals in soaps

.......The Food and Drug Administration has issued a final rule that throws water on claims that antibacterial soaps and washes are more effective than regular soap.

The new rule bans antibacterial soaps and body washes containing certain ingredients from being marketed, because the ingredients were not proved to be safe and effective for long-term daily use, the FDA said Friday.

The rule applies to antibacterial soaps and washes that contain one or more of 19 active ingredients, including the most commonly used chemicals triclosan and triclocarban, but it does not affect consumer hand sanitizers or antibacterial wipes.

"Consumers may think antibacterial washes are more effective at preventing the spread of germs, but we have no scientific evidence that they are any better than plain soap and water," said Dr. Janet Woodcock, director of the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, in a written announcement.

"In fact, some data suggests that antibacterial ingredients may do more harm than good over the long-term," she added.

Companies will have one year to either remove the ingredients or no longer market their products before the final rule is effective (PDF).....

finally, what the public knew all along......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: vote to REMOVE?!....FDA issues BAN on this......
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: September 02, 2016 08:38PM
About damn time. I have a friend that is a bit of a germ-o-phobe and would always buy ab-soap hand soap. I told her 20 years ago that it was useless but she continued to buy it.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 160
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020