advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How are the iPad Mini 4s ?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 30, 2016 12:44PM
Mrs. cbelt3 has an iPad Mini (Wifi and Cellular). It's her interface with the world.. it goes everywhere with her. She could no longer carry or use her old iPad and Macbook (thanks, RA and Fibromyalgia...). They were too heavy and too big. Even our son's iPad Pro is too big, and my HP Touchpad was both too big and too heavy.

But da Mini has gotten a bit long in the tooth and fussy. Crashes quite often. So on our 34th anniversary in November she's getting a new iPad Mini. Probably at least a 32GB unit, that will have cellular too.

Or... should I get her something else ?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How are the iPad Mini 4s ?
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: September 30, 2016 01:08PM
Great displays, among other thingsā€¦

[www.displaymate.com]
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: September 30, 2016 01:44PM
I like mine a lot. Much snappier than my 1st-Gen Mini. Without a case, it is amazingly light. But I keep mine in a fairly heavy-duty Speck case because I frequently have it with me away from home. My only gripe is that it won't work with iTunes 11.4, which seems like just another strong-arm move on Apple's part. So I have to boot to a drive with iTunes 12 on it to get music, etc. onto it.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: September 30, 2016 05:49PM
I lovelovelove my iPad Mini 2, which was the first with a retina display and a fast processor in it. The Mini 4 surpasses that with a faster processor and a near perfect display (see AA's link) so what's not to lovelovelovelove?
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 30, 2016 07:59PM
you didnt say which mini, but assuming its not a 2/3 which are still pretty snappy... weights for each:

mini: Wi-Fi + Cellular: 0.69 lb (312 g)

mini 2 & 3: Wi-Fi + Cellular: 0.75 lb (340 g)

mini 4: Wi-Fi + Cellular: 304 g (0.670 lb)

since the full size pads are now "air"

iPad air: Wi-Fi + Cellular: 478 g (1.054 lb)

air 2: Wi-Fi + Cellular: 444 g (0.979 lb)

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: September 30, 2016 09:03PM
cbelt3
Or... should I get her something else ?

It's a well known fact that women like vacuum cleaners, a new set of cookware, slippers and gallon size bottles of shampoo as gifts. You might want to reconsider one of these so you don't look foolish when you give her the iPad.

The choice is yours of course but I'm just trying to help you with things I learned before the divorce. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to women.

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: max
Date: September 30, 2016 10:36PM
Excellent.....
Posted by: Kate
Date: October 02, 2016 02:11PM
I would get her the mini AND a bottle of her favorite perfume. Preferably one that she considers too expensive to buy for herself. My Terry always scores big points with a bottle of Joy by Jean Patou.

Kate
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 372
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020