advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
A call center rant for all to enjoy
Posted by: hal
Date: September 30, 2016 04:37PM
UGH!!! I just got off the phone with my bank. Since I didn't have my 'call center' ID handy (whatever that is), I had to go through the 20 questions routine.

First question - what is my address. I give it to them... 'ummm we have something a little different here'. Oh great... I get statements delivered to my apt - they DO HAVE my correct address, but for some reason it isn't matching up.

After lots of wrangling, she tells me that I can find the address as THEY have it on the website (that I do thankfully have access to).

I told them my address was 123 Any St #4 Centerville, USA 11111

They had it as 123 Any St APT 4 Centerville, USA 11111

and they wouldn't talk to me until I said 'APT 4'

arrrrgh!! It took 10min before we could begin the conversation...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: A call center rant for all to enjoy
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: September 30, 2016 05:14PM
This is because your privacy is very important to them. It's your sanity they don't give two whits about!

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: Ammo
Date: September 30, 2016 06:53PM
Jack D.
This is because your privacy is very important to them. It's your sanity they don't give two whits about!

So true! :-)

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: September 30, 2016 08:45PM
Must be the same call center who won't let me talk to anyone about my bank account unless I verify that Chicago is in ILLINOIS. Because, you know, a wrongdoer just wouldn't be able to come up with that information.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: September 30, 2016 09:42PM
SOP. Did they try to sell you anything? I called my credit union a few days ago, and when I was done with what I called them for, they tried to sell me credit card insurance. RollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: Cary
Date: October 01, 2016 05:47AM
What drives me nuts is having to reevalidate myself to every rep, each time transferred, over and over, on the same call.

Also hate validating to the AVR system, but that info never seems to transfer to the rep (which forces another reevalidation).

And it's exactly the same info each time, so if I get it right once, shouldn't that be enough?
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 01, 2016 10:31AM
Reminds me of way back in the day when I was on AOL. I got a message from them saying something was wrong with my credit card (which had not changed) that my monthly fee was being charged on.

So I called them up, and told them my name and address, and then they said "what credit card number are you calling about?" So I told them, and they said, "No, that's not right." I sez, well, that's what you're telling me, but I've got it right here, and that's the right number. And they sez " We can't talk to you about this account unless you can give us the correct credit card number".

Checkmate. And that's why I quit AOL (or they quit me).
Posted by: fauch
Date: October 01, 2016 03:25PM
The phone company once disconnected my landline because my credit card was stolen and I forgot to update them. After waiting the requisite 2 weeks on hold, I gave them the new CC, asked them to pay off the debt and reinstate auto payment.

Exactly a MONTH to the day my fon is disconnected again. I call them up quite annoyed, wait on hold again and when I get the agent on the phone she tells me, "We disconnected you because of an outstanding bill". So I tell her that exactly a month ago I PAID the bill and reinstated autopay with the new card. So she checks and says you are right. I see here that you payed off the debt, AND reinstated autopay for the future but you didn't tell us to pay THIS month so we didn't and disconnected you... I ask her if it sounds reasonable that a person would want to pay all PAST bills and all FUTURE bills but specifically not the current month, and she says "No, but since you didn't explicitly tell us to pay it we didn't"...

After banging my head into the desk 5 or 6 times I at least got her to waive the disconnect fee...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 423
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020