advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
MLB Playoffs
Posted by: rasmac
Date: October 05, 2016 08:48AM
is baseball the only sport that could possibly "penalize" the team with the best record, should they make it to the world series? all because of a meaningless, showboating, all star game?
home field advantage, particularly in a championship series, is pretty important. i just think this ruling is pretty silly.
why not just flip a coin then?

rasmac
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: MLB Playoffs
Posted by: STL
Date: October 05, 2016 09:58AM
Discuss your issue with the owner of the Cubs.
Most likely the owner voted for the rule that gives World Series home field advantage to the team representing the league that won the All Star game. My memory is that the rule change was instituted to give some meaning to the All Star game as interest between players and fans was declining.

Used to be the home field advantage alternated between leagues.
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 05, 2016 10:47AM
So long as the Dodgers win it all I don't care what they do. #giantssuck
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 05, 2016 04:04PM
#dodgerssuckmore

Go Giants!
While I've grown to like the Dodgers after nearly fifty years in LA, the Giants will always be my faves. When I was a kid, Willie Mays was my favorite ballplayer, and I was excited when Willie and the Giants moved west to my hometown. I bought into the rivalry for close to twenty years, but realized the Dodgers mostly had a good thing going, but they'll never be my chart topper if the Giants are in contention.

This year, going into this evening, still gotta go w/ the G-Men (which eliminates the Mets from consideration), and since we have some personal ties to the Nats, gotta root for them over the boys in blue. If by chance the Dodgers survive the Nats, I gotta stick w/ hopefully the Giants, or the Cubbies if they somehow pull through to the NLCS. I'm not a Met hater, but they make it to the NLCS against the Dodgers, then I'll be rooting for the Dodgers. Nothing in the AL intrigues me this year, except for maybe Papi's last stand, but the Bosox would only be a rooting favorite over the Mets in the series.
==
smiley-shocked003
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 05, 2016 09:33PM
Red Sox, the only major league club capable of going from worst to first three times over!!
Date: October 05, 2016 09:55PM
Buzz
#dodgerssuckmore

Go Giants!
While I've grown to like the Dodgers after nearly fifty years in LA, the Giants will always be my faves. When I was a kid, Willie Mays was my favorite ballplayer, and I was excited when Willie and the Giants moved west to my hometown. I bought into the rivalry for close to twenty years, but realized the Dodgers mostly had a good thing going, but they'll never be my chart topper if the Giants are in contention.

This year, going into this evening, still gotta go w/ the G-Men (which eliminates the Mets from consideration), and since we have some personal ties to the Nats, gotta root for them over the boys in blue. If by chance the Dodgers survive the Nats, I gotta stick w/ hopefully the Giants, or the Cubbies if they somehow pull through to the NLCS. I'm not a Met hater, but they make it to the NLCS against the Dodgers, then I'll be rooting for the Dodgers. Nothing in the AL intrigues me this year, except for maybe Papi's last stand, but the Bosox would only be a rooting favorite over the Mets in the series.
==
smiley-shocked003

C'mon Giants! Lose already...
Date: October 05, 2016 10:18PM
Arrrrggghhhhhh!!!
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 05, 2016 10:27PM
Not to worry, someone had to be the sacrificial lamb offered up to the Cubbies.
Date: October 06, 2016 12:35AM
RgrF
Not to worry, someone had to be the sacrificial lamb offered up to the Cubbies.

I might want the giants to take that series. But you can't ever count them out.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 06, 2016 03:26PM
vision63
Arrrrggghhhhhh!!!

MadBum v Thor...

Have you looked at the former's post season stats?

Bring on the Cubbies!
==
Date: October 06, 2016 04:29PM
Buzz
vision63
Arrrrggghhhhhh!!!

MadBum v Thor...

Have you looked at the former's post season stats?

Bring on the Cubbies!
==

That's when the Giants had closers. MadBum can't pitch every game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 79
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020