advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
CL: what kind of scam is this?
Posted by: space-time
Date: October 09, 2016 07:22PM
Price seems way too low for this car. Besides he put his email address on the image. Smells fishy.

[cnj.craigslist.org]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: CL: what kind of scam is this?
Posted by: freeradical
Date: October 09, 2016 07:29PM
Flag it and see what happens.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: October 09, 2016 07:38PM
They tell you they are out of town, or the car is in a different part of the country. Send them the money and they'll have the car shipped to you.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 09, 2016 07:42PM
I've seen several I those. Lots of the phone numbers are far away. I have seen a few local lately. I've pretty much learned to screen them. The photos look sort of stock and seem to be in nicer neighborhoods.
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: October 09, 2016 08:03PM
Dennis S
I've seen several I those. Lots of the phone numbers are far away. I have seen a few local lately. I've pretty much learned to screen them. The photos look sort of stock and seem to be in nicer neighborhoods.

Here's a similar listing in Boston CL [worcester.craigslist.org] Same kind of vehicle for $5000. All legit offers are in the 11-12k range which is what the NADA guide suggests for a value.

The contact phone number has an area code in WA state. That's a long way from Worcester, MA!

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: October 09, 2016 08:08PM
The ones I see are for, say, a 2010 Avalon for $2,000. Way below the correct price.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 09, 2016 09:00PM
Too good to be true, no? Fake.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 09, 2016 09:01PM
Btw, $3500 seems to be the magic number.
Posted by: Octave Doctor
Date: October 09, 2016 11:26PM
They put those up here, with a lot of useless verbage in the subject line. All coming from the same part of town, too. There aren't that many cars for sale in Evansdale.
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: October 10, 2016 03:09AM
[www.scam.com]

Paul

Posted by: Mr645
Date: October 10, 2016 06:08AM
Yes, the car/truck/boat/motorcycle/RV is still for sale. I am Private Haywood Jablowme from Fort Wayne New Mexico and currently deployed in the war. I have made this item ready to deliver by using Ebay_Amazon safe delivery system. Paypal keeps the item in their facility, ready to deliver to the buyer anywhere they want. So just send me $1500 by Western Union security safe pay and I will instruct Fed-Ex to mail the item to your preferred address. Only once you have the item and agree to like it do you have to send me the balance. If your not happy, Amazon deli try systems will retrieve it and return your money.
Posted by: space-time
Date: October 10, 2016 06:59AM
Mr645
Yes, the car/truck/boat/motorcycle/RV is still for sale. I am Private Haywood Jablowme from Fort Wayne New Mexico and currently deployed in the war. I have made this item ready to deliver by using Ebay_Amazon safe delivery system. Paypal keeps the item in their facility, ready to deliver to the buyer anywhere they want. So just send me $1500 by Western Union security safe pay and I will instruct Fed-Ex to mail the item to your preferred address. Only once you have the item and agree to like it do you have to send me the balance. If your not happy, Amazon deli try systems will retrieve it and return your money.

LOL, you forgot to mention Salvation Army and Red Cross!
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: October 10, 2016 09:51AM
It's a scam just like all the $3500 50 hour John Deere tractors that show up from time to time.

I flagged it to help get rid of it but it will just show up again.

Grateful11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2016 09:52AM by Grateful11.
Posted by: DaviDC.
Date: October 10, 2016 02:55PM
I've inquired a few times regarding iPhone & was told that they had just sold it but that it came from an auction site (included URL) & the trick is to bid at the last minute. Often times the same photo is used over & over & the email addresses all look similar, in the way they're written out. Flagging doesn't seem to do any good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 444
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020