advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Light up and enjoy a drink
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 14, 2016 06:32PM
All limits on bringing Cuban Cigars and Rum back to the US have been lifted by the Obama Administration. Previously the maximum allowable amount was $100.

If you have never tried either, I strongly suggest you do if given the opportunity. While I'm not a smoker, and can't truly judge their stogies - the experts seem to like them.

I am a dedicated Rum drinker though, straight and clean. I love Cuban Rum! Havana Club is silky smooth; Cosario has wonderful undertones, and Mulatta is so incredibly rich. Any make the churned out by Bacardi, Capt. Morgan, or even better brands like Pussar and Barbancourt taste like Busch Lite mixed with swamp water.

All I can say is.. Thanks Obama!

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Light up and enjoy a drink
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: October 14, 2016 07:16PM
[forums.macresource.com]
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 15, 2016 01:05AM
Have you had rhum Barbancourt? That is my rum, although I drink it very rarely
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: October 15, 2016 01:56AM
I've been drinking Brugal anejo for a while now. Might give the Cuban rum a try.

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 15, 2016 05:09AM
Barbancourt, excellent rum and it was one of my goto drinks before I found access to Cuban, the two have many similarities although I find the Cuban to be milder and smoother. I will also admit that the price of the Cuban factors in as well, I pay about $12/750mm (overseas, but I would be there regardless).

Another brand to look up, and what I use in mixed drinks (I don't mix my Cuban) is Flor De Cana. It's seven year old is really good with a robust earthiness that stands up against dilution and competing flavors. While I'm not a mojito drinker, it's white rum melds nicely with the mint and lime. They also produce a fantastic 25 year old Centennario bottle.

I generally like a drink that has boldness and bite, but I have a special affinity for three-year-old Havana Club. It is mild, and extremely smooth with a wonderful sweetness. It is my primary rum that I sip neat or chilled by a couple frozen whiskey stones. For such a young bottle, it is far above the majority of the top shelf brands we find in the US.

of course my tastes may be far different than yours. Regardless, you can't go wrong with Barbencourt - especially the 15 year old.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 435
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020