advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iPhone 7 or 7 Plus
Posted by: iaJim
Date: November 16, 2016 07:19AM
My upgrade date has come, and we are going to upgrade our Verizon iPhones. I am having trouble deciding between the iPhone 7 and the 7 Plus. Any feedback from those of you who have upgraded? Is the better camera on the Plus worth the extra size?

Oh, I'm thinking about Jet Black. Any feedback there?

Thanks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iPhone 7 or 7 Plus
Posted by: billb
Date: November 16, 2016 07:39AM
Bigger is better.

I went to an applestore and tried fitting the plus in a typical pocket and decided the plus would not work for me, but I really preferred the larger screen, battery life, better camera, etc of the plus.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 16, 2016 07:50AM
....try in-store.....some find the 7 Plus too big while others love it......be aware that Jet Black seem to either scuff easier or the scuff marks are more visible due to the finish......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: November 16, 2016 08:44AM
If you're into photography at all, the second lens on the iPhone 7 Plus is definitely worth it.

I do like the extended battery life you get with the plus model. I've been using the plus model since the six.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 16, 2016 09:06AM
Size matters more than anything. The bigger phone won't fit in my shirt pocket unless I don't use a case.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 16, 2016 09:33AM
The main draw is the camera and the downside is the bulk of the Plus. I would love a 7 with the two lens setup.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: sekker
Date: November 16, 2016 02:41PM
I would go and visit a Best Buy or other store and hold both phones yourself. In the end, my family has 3 of the plus models due to better battery and the larger screen. I don't find the size an issue at all except when wearing modern jeans where the pockets are shallow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2016 02:41PM by sekker.
Posted by: testcase
Date: November 16, 2016 05:06PM
The PRIMARY consideration I have when replacing / upgrading my phone is; will it fit in the shirt pocket of the fishing shirts I now wear exclusively and, be able to close and secure the pocket's flap. My iPhone6s+ in a Mophie case failed. Without said case, it was good to go. old fogey smiley
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 16, 2016 05:08PM
....for example, DT has small hands so the 7 Plus wouldn't work for him......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 16, 2016 05:50PM
NewtonMP2100

But he has an abundance of pocket room.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 16, 2016 08:58PM
Speedy
NewtonMP2100

But he has an abundance of pocket room.

POMTL
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 16, 2016 10:49PM
testcase
The PRIMARY consideration I have when replacing / upgrading my phone is; will it fit in the shirt pocket of the fishing shirts I now wear exclusively and, be able to close and secure the pocket's flap. My iPhone6s+ in a Mophie case failed. Without said case, it was good to go. old fogey smiley

The whole point of the + series is you don't NEED a Mophie case for the extra power. The bigger battery is built-in...!
Posted by: Buzz
Date: November 17, 2016 02:25AM
Another vote for bigger is better, but (A) I use a heavy duty walker that has a tote for any size phone, and (B) I wear cargo shorts 95% of the time that have a flapped pocket that easier holds the larger sized phone when the walker has been parked... shirt pocketing has pretty much been eliminated, except on a few shirts w/ oversize pockets. If you can easily tote it, tote it; if you gotta shirt pocket it, then you have your decision... or maybe hire a personal valet to follow you around and tote your big'un fer ya.
==
Date: November 18, 2016 03:06PM
I really want to convince myself to get the Plus, but I'm just afraid that I won't like the size. I know I'll like the screen. Indecision stinks.
Date: November 21, 2016 07:49PM
OK, so I went with the iPhone 7. I didn't think I'd like the extra size when it came to trying to use it one handed. I went with plain black. The home button is going to take a little getting used to. I miss the cool little plastic earphone holder.
Date: November 21, 2016 07:49PM
Thanks for all of the input.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 82
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020