advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
everything old, is new again?!.....CBS bringing back [ reairing ] this 'very old' show.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 17, 2016 11:51AM
......'The Dick Van Dyke Show' [ colorized though ]....they previously aired colorized episodes of 'I Love Lucy' during the holidays and last May’s sweep.....

CBS To Air ‘Dick Van Dyke Show’ Colorized Classic Episodes During Holiday Frame

....The Dick Van Dyke Show is coming back to TV in living color. CBS, which colorized episodes of I Love Lucy during the holidays and last May’s sweep, is using the same strategy with the classic 1960s series.

The episodes “That’s My Boy??” and “Coast to Coast Big Mouth” will air back-to-back beginning at 8 PM on Sunday, December 11 on CBS.

The Emmy-winning series starred Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore as television comedy writer Rob and his wife Laura Petrie; Larry Matthews as their son Ritchie; Morey Amsterdam and Rose Marie as Buddy Sorrell and Sally Rogers, co-writers on the fictional “The Alan Brady Show,” Carl Reiner as Alan Brady; Richard Deacon as Mel Cooley; Jerry Paris as Dr. Jerry Helper; and Ann Morgan Guilbert as Millie Krumbermacher Helper.

The Dick Van Dyke Show is originally aired on CBS from Oct. 3, 1961, through June 1, 1966, finishing in the Nielsen Top 10 in three of its five seasons, peaking at #3 during the 1963-1964 season. The show received 15 total primetime Emmy Awards, including three Emmys for Dick Van Dyke, five for Carl Reiner and two for Mary Tyler Moore.

bringing back the oldies.........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2016 11:54AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: everything old, is new again?!.....CBS bringing back [ reairing ] this 'very old' show.......
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: November 17, 2016 12:04PM
All TV would be much better if all they did was replay the old shows. Nothing newer than 1968! That's the year I was in bootcamp, soon left for Vietnam, and when I returned two years later, WOW, I couldn't believe how vulgar and just bad television had gotten in two years! Dumbing down of culture. Bring back the old stuff, there was some great entertainment way back.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Re: everything old, is new again?!.....CBS bringing back [ reairing ] this 'very old' show.......
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 17, 2016 12:40PM
MEtv and AntennaTV are nothing but old shows. I enjoy them.

Date: November 17, 2016 12:43PM
....like old shows.....some bring back great memories.....also good way to see how certain shows hold up while others don't.....but opposed to watching any 'colorized' versions of anything......rather watch the original black&white......

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 17, 2016 12:48PM
Old movies too !... My wife and I re-watched McKlintock ! the other night... a John Wayne / Maureen O'Hara western version of Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew". We laughed SO much !
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: November 17, 2016 12:57PM
Tele-Vision?

Is that that newfangled radio with pitchers? Don't waste your head on that, you need to use your imagination, pipsqueak!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 17, 2016 12:57PM
Agree about preferring the black & white. Colorization is an odd idea to me.

Posted by: wurm
Date: November 17, 2016 01:00PM
Certain films should remain in original black and white. I have no problem with colorization of an old sitcom. I'll look forward to Mary and Rob and Sally and Buddy in living color.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: November 17, 2016 01:43PM
Such a great show! I really enjoyed it as a kid. Dick Van Dyke is a favorite actor of mine anyhoo.I also had a crush on MTM, so that was just one more incentive to watch.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 17, 2016 03:14PM
The two main characters are still alive. Why not do a remake or, at least, a one hour special. But I suppose neither actor needs the $$$.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: November 17, 2016 06:50PM
Rick-o
Such a great show! I really enjoyed it as a kid. Dick Van Dyke is a favorite actor of mine anyhoo.I also had a crush on MTM, so that was just one more incentive to watch.

I was wondering if the colors will make MTM's sweaters "pop".
Posted by: raz
Date: November 18, 2016 09:16AM
Racer X
Rick-o

I was wondering if the colors will make MTM's sweaters "pop".

Oh Rob!

--------------

Embarassing myself on the Internet since 1978.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 18, 2016 11:31AM
Speedy
The two main characters are still alive. Why not do a remake or, at least, a one hour special. But I suppose neither actor needs the $$$.

Better hurry. Dick's still kicking--literally--but he'll be 91 in December.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2016 11:32AM by Acer.
Date: November 18, 2016 11:44AM
Acer
Speedy

Better hurry. Dick's still kicking--literally--but he'll be 91 in December.

....and he has a younger wife............

Posted by: freeradical
Date: November 18, 2016 11:27PM
Maybe they could do a real Star Trek movie.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 145
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020