advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RIP: Van Williams [ a.k.a. The Green Hornet ]....and.....Margaret Whitton.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 06, 2016 06:40AM
....Van Williams at 82.....

......Margaret Whitton at 67...she was in 'Secret of My Success'.....'Major League'......

Green Hornet's Van Williams Dead at 82

.....Van Williams, who played the titular crime-fighter on ABC’s The Green Hornet, has died; he was 82 years old.

Williams died Nov. 29 of kidney failure at his Scottsdale home, his wife Vicki told The Hollywood Reporter. He starred as newspaper publisher Britt Reid in the 1966-67 action series, which was an offshoot of the Adam West Batman series. Reid donned a fedora and a mask to fight crime at night as the Green Hornet, alongside his trusty sidekick Kato, played by martial-arts legend Bruce Lee.

The Green Hornet only ran for a total of 26 episodes — not counting a two-part Batman crossover — but it made a lasting impression on pop culture. It launched Bruce Lee’s Hollywood career, and was recently made into a big-screen action movie starring Seth Rogen.

Williams went on to star as an underwater photographer in the 1976-77 Saturday morning kids’ show Westwind and did guest appearances on The Rockford Files and The Streets of San Francisco. But he mostly retired from acting in his later years, becoming a reserve deputy for the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department and working for their search-and-rescue team.

forever fighting......crime.....?!

Margaret Whitton Dies: ‘Major League’ Actress & Producer-Director Was 67

.....playing the money-grubbing owner of the Cleveland Indians in two Major League movies, has died after a battle with cancer. She was 67.

Her film credits include The Secret Of My Success, 9 1/2 Weeks and Mel Gibson’s Man Without A Face. She began her career on the stage, with credits there including as director of the Public Theater’s production of Dirty Tricks, starring Judith Ivey as Martha Mitchell. She made her directorial debut with 2011’s A Bird On The Air, a Robert Towne adaptation of Joe Coomer’s novel.

Whitton was a highly regarded stage actress whose most notable performance on Broadway was as part of the memorable ensemble in Nell Dunn’s 1983 Steaming. The cast included Linda Thorson, Judith Ivey, Lisa Jane Persky, Polly Rowles and Pauline Flanagan, in addition to Whitton. She also was a regular at the Public Theater, where she was seen in Wallace Shawn’s 1985 Aunt Dan and Lemon, and Tina Howe’s 1980 The Art Of Dining, as well as in the classics, including Henry IV, Pt. 1, Othello and The Merry Wives Of Windsor.

Whitton most recently was a partner with Steven Tabakin in Tashtego Films, a New York-based film, TV and new media production company. She was an associate producer of the documentary Been Rich All My Life and co-exec producer of Casting By, a 2012 docu on casting directors.

In the Major League movies she played Rachel Phelps the Vegas dancer-turned-baseball owner who inherited the team from her late husband tried to make them awful enough to relocate them to warmer Miami. The 1989 original movie starred Charlie Sheen, Tom Berenger, Wesley Snipes, Corbin Bernsen, Dennis Haysbert and Rene Russo and is considered one of the best baseball movies of all time. There was a 1994 sequel.....

In a League.....of her own..............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2016 07:53AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RIP: Van Williams [ a.k.a. The Green Hornet ]....
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: December 06, 2016 06:57AM
Ear bug:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: December 06, 2016 10:00AM
Onamuji
Ear bug:
[www.youtube.com]

Too old for me, I don't remember it.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Re: RIP: Van Williams [ a.k.a. The Green Hornet ]....and.....Margaret Whitton.....
Posted by: msglee
Date: December 06, 2016 11:45AM
[www.youtube.com]

With his faithful Japanese Filipino servant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2016 11:47AM by msglee.
Re: RIP: Van Williams [ a.k.a. The Green Hornet ]....and.....Margaret Whitton.....
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: December 06, 2016 03:50PM
R.I.P. Van.

I watched that show religiously, but hey, I was just a kid. Kato was why us kids were really watching it.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: December 06, 2016 06:55PM
Filliam H. Muffman
Onamuji
Ear bug:
[www.youtube.com]

Too old for me, I don't remember it.

Technically, too old for me, too. But I've been a night-owl my whole life. It was on with Mr. Ed and Burns and Allen and Dragnet and Groucho Marx and Jack Benny and Superman and a bunch of other classics in late-night blocks when I was a kid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 98
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020