advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
xkcd "what if" deleted?
Posted by: m.paris
Date: December 13, 2016 08:05PM
I don't know if anyone here follows the xkcd site - in particular the "what if" section but something strange seems to have happened recently. In the past the "what if" section updated once a week and then it began to slow down to longer gaps. Recently the "Flood Death Valley" topic has stayed on for quite some time but a few days ago (maybe sometime last week(?) there was a new post. Unfortunately I can't remember the topic even though I read it, but it only stayed up for a a short time and then it disappeared, going back to the "Flood Death Valley" again. Did anyone here notice that, has anyone heard an explanation, and what was the topic that disappeared? I would probably remember it if I had a hint but the old gray cells are losing their grip. Google was not a help. Thanks for any insight that can be provided.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: xkcd "what if" deleted?
Posted by: Acer
Date: December 13, 2016 09:01PM
There are forums on the site. You should find discussion there; those folks are on top of everything Randall.
Posted by: m.paris
Date: December 13, 2016 09:14PM
Aha! Sure enough, I didn't see the word "forum" on the top lines so I stupidly assumed that there wasn't any such animal. By now I should know better than to jump to such unwarranted conclusions. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The answer was available there.
Posted by: Acer
Date: December 13, 2016 10:33PM
I had to look since you brought it up. A draft was mistakenly posted then rolled back.
Posted by: gabester
Date: December 14, 2016 07:38AM
Anything xkcd always seems to have overthought/wrought pseudoconspiracy come to mind... and I love it!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 14, 2016 08:42AM
There is an xkcd for .. EVERYTHING..... I spent a fun half hour at my desk last night talking to two other IT guys about two of Randall's works that I had posted on my wall.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: December 14, 2016 10:25AM
The SUDO one still makes me grin... it's the one that I instantly think of when I think of XKCD.
Well, that, and whenever I have to generate a password using some asinine combination of obscura, I think "Correct Horse Battery Staple".

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 135
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020