advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
www.banggood.com ... Boo... Drone order missing.
Posted by: spacescape
Date: December 19, 2016 12:01PM
Against my better judgment I ordered my kids a couple of drones for Christmas from Bang Good and guess what? I received the batteries 2-3 weeks ago... But, no drones... sad smiley

I did pay for insurance... and paid through paypal credit... So, I'm covered... But, very very bummed...

Any suggestions? Should I file a claim through Paypal then order through Amazon? Just wait and hope for the best?

Original Thread.
[forums.macresource.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: www.banggood.com ... Boo... Drone order missing.
Posted by: modelamac
Date: December 19, 2016 12:36PM
spacescape,

I ordered something from Banggood about a month ago. Got an email 2 days later say9ing they were out of stock What did I want to do about my order?

I canceled my order and a week later got a refund from PayPal. I will not order from them again.

Ed (modelamac)

I think I will just put an OUT OF ORDER
sticker on my head and call it a day.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: December 19, 2016 12:40PM
They have a lot of complaints on [www.complaintsboard.com] and [www.ripoffreport.com]

Their rating on [www.resellerratings.com] looks like it has been manipulated with lots of short five star reviews.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: jdc
Date: December 19, 2016 01:01PM
I ordered an XC5 yesterday from amazon, was $55, will get here tuesday... with 3 batteries...

[www.amazon.com]

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Date: December 19, 2016 01:13PM
jdc
I ordered an XC5 yesterday from amazon, was $55, will get here tuesday... with 3 batteries...

[www.amazon.com]

What's the difference between this one and the X5C that I ordered?

[www.banggood.com]

Looks like I could Wi-Fi it to my cell...
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: December 19, 2016 01:30PM
At one time there were some problems with the X5C Wi-Fi version according to one main review guy and others. It may be fixed now.

Grateful11
Posted by: jdc
Date: December 19, 2016 02:22PM
To be honest, I dont know. There seems to be at least 50 different models -- and since they havent changed since 2015 -- makes it even more confusing.

If this is just a first time drone, I think trying to figure it all out is just splitting hairs.

FWIW, from my limited research: the 5C-1 seemed to be slightly newer.

but they are all based on the SW, which was recently updated to the X5HC, X54HC and X54HW -- but think they are all $20+ more.

I almost got a X5UW, because I think it can fly a predertermined flight path, which I thought would be easer than flying in general. But $80. Alos looked at the X8, which had the same feature, but batteries were a lot more $. Although it did have 10-11 minute flight time vs 8 for the X5s

wifi to any iDevice had crappy reviews, so I didnt make that a priority.

We will see. If they enjoy it, maybe a $100 model for their summer birthday.

EDIT: my amazon link above isnt the one I ordered. I got the newer HW model, which you can tell apart by color. White with green and black. Says mine is sold out, but here it is without the extra batteries.

[www.amazon.com]

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2016 02:29PM by jdc.
Date: December 20, 2016 02:45PM
jdc
To be honest, I dont know. There seems to be at least 50 different models -- and since they havent changed since 2015 -- makes it even more confusing.

If this is just a first time drone, I think trying to figure it all out is just splitting hairs.

FWIW, from my limited research: the 5C-1 seemed to be slightly newer.

but they are all based on the SW, which was recently updated to the X5HC, X54HC and X54HW -- but think they are all $20+ more.

I almost got a X5UW, because I think it can fly a predertermined flight path, which I thought would be easer than flying in general. But $80. Alos looked at the X8, which had the same feature, but batteries were a lot more $. Although it did have 10-11 minute flight time vs 8 for the X5s

wifi to any iDevice had crappy reviews, so I didnt make that a priority.

We will see. If they enjoy it, maybe a $100 model for their summer birthday.

EDIT: my amazon link above isnt the one I ordered. I got the newer HW model, which you can tell apart by color. White with green and black. Says mine is sold out, but here it is without the extra batteries.

[www.amazon.com]

Ok, banggood.com has initiated a refund and I ordered the "Syma X5HW FPV 2.4Ghz 4CH RC Headless Quadcopter Drone UFO with Hover Function HD Wifi Camera White " for my sons (two of them).

This is the one you purchased? I was going to get one blue and one white but the blue one looked questionable "if" it would get here on time.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: December 20, 2016 04:00PM
Syma X5SW (In-Depth Review)

[www.thedronefiles.net]

Syma X5SW Drone: FPV Comparison Series Review

[www.youtube.com]

Grateful11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 127
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020