advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
DirecTV Now update
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 04, 2017 07:36PM
I haven't even tried in a week or so. Didn't work.

meanwhile I keep getting email updates from their ATT support forums. One of them was interesting:

cmk1523
I finally got a call from DIRECTV. I believe it was initiated by my FCC complaint. I explained I had freezing they recommend some minor things to thwart the issue. I said I'm interested in the live TV aspect. I then asked if I could be refunded in any way for service interruptions and to my disbelief, she said she would refund a month. 5 minutes later, my paypal showed a 3 month ($105) refund! I'll be keeping the service in hopes of better performance.

BTW, I also filed an FCC complain and I got a $25 refund about a week ago.

Tonight I open DirecTV Now App on Apple TV and I watch National Geographic from ~7 PM until ~8:30 without any single glitch.

At 8:30 PM problem started, it keeps buffering, every single minute and now 5 minutes later I finally got the QP1502 error

"Nat Geo WILD had saome troible loading. Please try again later. (QP1502)".

The service works pretty good during the day, but craps out in the evening.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: DirecTV Now update
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: January 04, 2017 08:11PM
Last week I noticed sound is now garbled on the original FireTV stick (works fine on the new version)

No option on the app to adjust sound output settings.

Waiting on another app update.
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 04, 2017 10:37PM
Their bandwidth is terrible compared to launch week.
Posted by: DavidS
Date: January 05, 2017 09:33AM
My 3 month SlingTV promo (free Roku) ends next week. I'm going to sign up for DirectTV Now over the weekend to get the free AppleTV and try it out as well. The $35/100 channel promo is better than SlingTV's offering, but I am concerned about the quality based on your reports.

I also have an older FireTV stick, so I may try it out on that in addition to the AppleTV.
Posted by: rouderon
Date: January 06, 2017 01:11PM
I was having problems with freezing/stuttering on a pc - found out it was the antivirus (AVG) causing the problems. Space - were you on a Mac?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 124
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020