Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
In Utah: Your Fedex package may be delayed or repurposed as a baking pan
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 25, 2017 08:16AM
[sploid.gizmodo.com]

In a terrifying accident in Utah, a FrontRunner train crashed into a FedEx truck and basically shredded its trailer into pieces, sending boxes flying everywhere. Thankfully (and impressively), there were no serious injuries in the crash, as it seemed the train busted through the softest part of the FedEx truck.

As you can see in the dash cam video below, the railroad crossing wasn’t active as the train was bellowing its way down the tracks. The gates weren’t down and the lights weren’t flashing, so you can’t exactly blame the truck driver for moving forward. Supposedly, the railroad crossing system is supposed to automatically default to a “down and active” position when there’s a power outage or no signal (and the snow definitely messed with the system), but it’s clear that didn’t happen. Officials are currently investigating the situation to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: In Utah: Your Fedex package may be delayed or repurposed as a baking pan
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: January 25, 2017 08:20AM
FedEx Ground.

It got ground up pretty well.

Lights and crossing bar are to enhance the safety. The rule is that the road traffic is to look and listen for a train.
Posted by: billb
Date: January 25, 2017 08:23AM
Prime sucks.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 25, 2017 08:30AM
TheTominator
FedEx Ground.

It got ground up pretty well.

Lights and crossing bar are to enhance the safety. The rule is that the road traffic is to look and listen for a train.

That's the rule. But tell you what...I cross a rail daily, and me and the other twenty cars a minute that cross with me? If there's no lights or gate, there's no stopping. It just is. The school buses stop, though.

OTOH, that truck was moving pretty slow, and that train was at full speed in snowfall. He very well could have slowed or even stopped, but had the bad luck to look away at the perfectly wrong time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2017 08:31AM by Acer.
Date: January 25, 2017 09:00AM
The crossing gate came down and lights flashed after the train went by .
[fox13now.com]

The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: DP
Date: January 25, 2017 09:20AM

Beat me to it. I saw that on the news. Lucky the tractor had gotten past the tracks.

A little break from the grief...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: btfc
Date: January 25, 2017 11:48AM
"Helmet Cam Captures High-Speed Road Rage Incident as Motorcyclist Clings to Moving Car"

[gma.yahoo.com]
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: January 25, 2017 11:49AM
TheTominator

The only rule is for hazmat and buses to always stop and check. Other vehicles are not required to verify. I suppose their could be a state that has different rules, but I doubt it.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: January 25, 2017 12:07PM
C(-)ris
TheTominator

The only rule is for hazmat and buses to always stop and check. Other vehicles are not required to verify. I suppose their could be a state that has different rules, but I doubt it.

I didn't write that all traffic has to stop. Looking and listening when you approach a crossing at whatever speed is the rule and is common sense. My take on the video clip is that the truck driver either did not look or, if he did, he figured that he could get across before the train arrived.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 25, 2017 12:22PM
UPS ships by rail. Just saying...

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: 3d
Date: January 25, 2017 03:02PM
It looks like there was another FedEx truck going in the opposite direction that just made it across! Yikes!.
Date: January 26, 2017 07:02AM
DP

Beat me to it. I saw that on the news. Lucky the tractor had gotten past the tracks.

Pretty easy to manipulate a viewer's take-away with careful editing and half a story huh ?

Too many people believe the fiction they're being peddled.

[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 26, 2017 09:30AM
Indeed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJM
Guests: 94
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020