Posted by: Fritz
Date: December 07, 2006 08:09AM
any PT users.

what are you suing for sys back up?

DU from the install disc?

SuperDuper?

CopyCatX?

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2006 08:09AM by Fritz.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ProTools users - system b.u.?
Posted by: jcrichardson30360
Date: December 07, 2006 12:49PM
I'm the senior sound designer at a Post House in Atlanta, and use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone to another drive has saved my butt on more than one occasion.

I like having a cloned system drive just in case the worst happens, I'll just boot from the clone and sort it out after my session. You didn't metion what kind of sessions you were doing, but from the Post environment, deadlines can get pretty tight and even 45 minutes of downtime is not acceptable. A new drive is A LOT cheaper than an hour of downtime..
Re: ProTools users - system b.u.?
Posted by: Fritz
Date: December 07, 2006 02:04PM
Crawford or other?

I'd used CCC formerly, but had switched to SD after X. But my clones have disappointedly failed a couple of times on my portable systems (powerbooks).

Yesterday I did a ground up full install cause I'd had enough. I'd done this with the LE partition and all worked fine, so I did the same on the HD partition.

There was some discussion the last fews days on daw-mac and someone suggested DU from the install to make an image. It kind of makes sense because DU unmounts the drives, so there are no surprises running in the background; helpful since PT is a bit persnickety. Think I'll give it a go next time.

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 259
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020