advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
T-Mobile customer experience: 2 STAR
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 07, 2017 07:20PM
I bought a pre-paid phone in March, Phone was "free" and it was it came with a $100 refill card.

UPS delivered the phone to "Amazon", really, I called T-Mobile to complain and they started a "handset research form" and I never heard from them again. A few days later Amazon found the phone, they gave it back to UPS since a week later I eventually got the phone.

I now sold the phone on CL, and the guy says the phone cannot be activated. Now I realize why: T-Mobile black-listed this phone. I never got any credit or refund, so they took my money and blocked the phone and that was it.

I kept calling T-Mobile this evening, between sales, customer care, prost paid and pre-paid, all possible combinations, and no one has a clue what to do. One lady even hanged up on me. Finally one guy said he can issue a refund and I can keep the $100 card. now I am trying to reach the Craigslist buy to give him his money back. He is probably pissed off, but at least I will give him his cash back and I am tempted to add $10 to cover his gas. He drives an old pick-up truck and looks like a low income immigrant, so I don't want him to lose money at all on this bad deal.

I am sorry that I screws this up, I even forgot about the lost and found phone.

The overall T-Mobile customer experience was pretty bad: poor connections, no one has a clue, they all read from the script, no one has the power to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2017 07:33PM by space-time.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: T-Mobile customer experience: 2 STAR
Posted by: Fritz
Date: May 07, 2017 07:26PM
you describe most customer dis-service experiences I've had, especially in the world of communications.
cell, isp, ....

but I have had an overall much better experience with T-Mo than any of the other 3, all of which I've had at least 1 2yr contact with.

!#$@@$#!
Posted by: fmgtech
Date: May 07, 2017 08:31PM
T-Mobile's web site is almost impossible to navigate.
Posted by: bobinmurphy
Date: May 07, 2017 09:29PM
fmgtech

True, but so is AT&T's. I think the two of them are racing to see who can screw things up worst first.
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 07, 2017 09:35PM
The main reason I'm still an AT&T customer is the excellent customer service I get with my local branch shop. Website and online are horrible - even to their own employees.

My experiences with T-Mobile and Sprint is absolutely terrible by contrast.

I cannot imagine trying to work only using the worthless websites of these companies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2017 09:36PM by sekker.
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: May 07, 2017 10:07PM
On Balance-I was a decades long AT&T customer and CS was mediocre.
I pensively moved to T-Mobile and like the entire experience. I have never liked a phone company.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 07, 2017 11:09PM
I've always gone to a real store for service and left satisfied, even if it took far longer than it should have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2017 11:09PM by mrbigstuff.
Posted by: billb
Date: May 07, 2017 11:46PM
I moved from a business account with Verizon to AT&T and their local B&M store personnel are horrendously incompetent. For a while I went to a mall kiosk re-seller for straight AT&T answers for things they could take care of.
Then we got fed up with AT&T and moved to t-mobil.
The kids working in the local t-mobil store are pretty good. No BS.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: max
Date: May 07, 2017 11:59PM
bobinmurphy
fmgtech

True, but so is AT&T's. I think the two of them are racing to see who can screw things up worst first.
Absolutely no comprison, with T-mobile you eventually can get somebody who gets the problem and deals with it. AT&T cannot deal with your problem by design....
Posted by: JPK
Date: May 08, 2017 09:02AM
T-Mobile is bad. But ATT & Verizon have set the industry bar very low.

JPK
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 08, 2017 09:29AM
...try Virgin Mobile....takes forever to get customer service rep then they read straight from scrip.....they never deviate so each time you call, you are starting from scratch and have to do everything over again.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: May 08, 2017 09:37AM
NewtonMP2100
...try Virgin Mobile....takes forever to get customer service rep then they read straight from scrip.....they never deviate so each time you call, you are starting from scratch and have to do everything over again.....

that's the problem with Virgins, they never deviate
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: May 08, 2017 10:30AM
JPK
T-Mobile is bad. But ATT & Verizon have set the industry bar very low.

JPK

That's for sure. Every American communications company seems to be in a race to see who can be the worst. They're all winning, we're losing. Jerks.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2017 10:31AM by GuyGene.
Posted by: bobinmurphy
Date: May 08, 2017 11:06AM
mrbigstuff
I've always gone to a real store for service and left satisfied, even if it took far longer than it should have.

My cell phone is with T-Mobile and set up for auto bill. Worked fine for 15 months, then for some reason they screwed up an auto bill payment and disabled my phone. Took visits to three different stores before I finally found someone who knew how to deal with the issue and get it corrected. Turned out for some reason they didn't request enough when they made the monthly pull from my CC, then wanted to blame the CC company for not sending enough to cover the bill.

I also have an AT&T hotspot that I use in my RV set up on a $20/mo unlimited plan Took three visits to the local AT&T store to try and get everything set up. Seemed like every time I went in they'd solve one problem and create another. The worst was they changed the name on my account making it impossible for me to access it on-line! The final insult was when they tried to charge me an activation fee for the device even though their invoice clearly showed that no activation fee would be changed. Finally got that one reversed. All in all my dealings with T-Mobile, although frustrating and time consuming, turned out to be a bit better than my dealings with AT&T.

And for comparison, I've been with Verizon, Sprint and Virgin Mobile in the past. All telcos are pretty worthless when it comes to customer service, online or in person.
Date: May 08, 2017 11:28AM
bobinmurphy

And for comparison, I've been with Verizon, Sprint and Virgin Mobile in the past. All telcos are pretty worthless when it comes to customer service, online or in person.

That is so sad. Capitalism is supposed to solve problems like these. How come there is no 5th large company with very good customer service? oh wait, if such company exists, it gets bought by one of the big 4 before they get a chance to compete with the big 4.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: May 08, 2017 12:09PM
space-time
bobinmurphy

That is so sad. Capitalism is supposed to solve problems like these. How come there is no 5th large company with very good customer service? oh wait, if such company exists, it gets bought by one of the big 4 before they get a chance to compete with the big 4.

That has nothing to do with it. US Cellular is a small regional carrier. They started small and have been growing. Their customer service still sucks. Capitalism will fix this when people stop paying for crappy service and demand better.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 08, 2017 10:41PM
My experience with T-Mobil from start to finish was great, including the day I terminated service because I could save 50% going with TPO instead. The rep did not give me a Verizon hard-sell, but rather stated her understanding of my reason for switching, and walked me through the procedure to keep my cell number.

Experiences with Virgin, AT&T, Cingular, and Sprint were not so good.
Sprint particularly - I wanted to go back to Sprint after stopping Cingular, but was told it was not possible: "Because you are neither a new customer nor a current customer, the computer will not let me sell you a phone. Your old phone is too old to reactivate. Sorry - I can't help you. NEXT!"
Posted by: dk62
Date: May 09, 2017 12:38PM
I have been with T Mobile for 12 years and am very very happy with their customer service. But I assume that dealing with issues affecting one-time prepaid customers probably takes lower priority.
Posted by: Frank
Date: May 11, 2017 12:32AM
space-time
NewtonMP2100

that's the problem with Virgins, they never deviate
goodone
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020