advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Taco Bell is coming to Osaka!
Posted by: Drew
Date: September 18, 2017 07:50PM
They've been in Tokyo area for a while. Today is Grand Opening in Osaka. My son's friend is 68th in line as we speak. Not sure if this is the beginning of a new world or an apocalypse.
[tacobell.co.jp]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Taco Bell is coming to Osaka!
Posted by: JoeH
Date: September 18, 2017 08:13PM
Drew
They've been in Tokyo area for a while. Today is Grand Opening in Osaka. My son's friend is 68th in line as we speak. Not sure if this is the beginning of a new world or an apocalypse.
[tacobell.co.jp]

Hopefully they do it better in Japan than here, all the Taco Bells in this area are mediocre food at best. My vote is for the coming of the apocalypse.
Posted by: davester
Date: September 18, 2017 08:14PM
My condolences.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 18, 2017 08:17PM
every community needs at least one place to get a complete colon blow cleanse.
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: September 18, 2017 08:19PM
Y'all boys must understand, not much chances at all in Japan for Mexican food. An American lawyer in Japan opened a place called Taco Time a few years ago in Tokyo area. Belly up after a short time. There are still a couple of El Torrito places left, Ikebukuro and Shinjuku, if they're still kicking. So, for old Drew to be getting a Taco Bell is cause for excitement.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2017 08:19PM by GuyGene.
Date: September 18, 2017 08:22PM
GuyGene
Y'all boys must understand, not much chances at all in Japan for Mexican food. An American lawyer in Japan opened a place called Taco Time a few years ago in Tokyo area. Belly up after a short time. There are still a couple of El Torrito places left, Ikebukuro and Shinjuku, if they're still kicking. So, for old Drew to be getting a Taco Bell is cause for excitement.

That sounds very ironic, as in the States, most cooks in Asian restaurants are Hispanic.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 18, 2017 08:27PM
GuyGene

Taco Bell AIN'T Mexican food - it's american junk food.
Date: September 18, 2017 08:32PM
It will be interesting to see how they do over time. Mexican food (junk or real) is not easy to find, as Gene well knows. The few Mexican restaurants are not booming with popularity. Not enough foreigners to keep Taco Bell in business, so we'll see if younger Japanese go for the taste or not.
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 18, 2017 08:39PM
I like their 7-layer veggie burrito.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 18, 2017 08:44PM
You can basically get the same 3 meals in a hundred different varieties at Taco Bell. I don't think it is a terrible place to eat.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Date: September 18, 2017 09:06PM
I'm curious why such an international country would be such a desert for other cuisines? Is it very provincial outside of Tokyo?
Posted by: bfd
Date: September 18, 2017 09:55PM
… it should give those who fail to reserve a seat at KFC another place to go this Christmas.
Date: September 18, 2017 10:02PM
The Japanese would be wise to pass on the taco and stick with the natto...

D & C
Date: September 18, 2017 11:02PM
Racer X
I'm curious why such an international country would be such a desert for other cuisines? Is it very provincial outside of Tokyo?

Actually, not a desert at all. International cuisine is abundant and excellent. Overall, food throughout Japan is extremely high quality. Seems like the only one not well represented is Mexican (Tex-Mex, California-Mex, etc.). Possibly the particular spices/flavors are not something that most Japanese are used to.
Date: September 18, 2017 11:22PM
I'd buy that as a reason. It can be pretty heavy, which is usually the opposite of Japanese cuisine.
Posted by: billb
Date: September 18, 2017 11:25PM
I wouldn't even insult tex-mex by calling taco bell anything but Mexican-inspired American fast food.

Next you'll be calling Starbucks liquids coffee.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Date: September 18, 2017 11:27PM
Didn't call Taco Bell Tex-Mex. Was talking about Mexican (American style) in general.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 19, 2017 06:44AM
....get ready to run for the border bathroom.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: September 19, 2017 08:51AM
I worked at Taco Bell, or as I call it, Taco Hell for 2.5 yrs. I could not get out fast enough.
I did however, learn that I hate fast food, both working it and eating it.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: rz
Date: September 19, 2017 09:19AM
pRICE cUBE
You can basically get the same 3 meals in a hundred different varieties at Taco Bell.

True.

pRICE cUBE
I don't think it is a terrible place to eat.

False
Posted by: lost in space
Date: September 19, 2017 09:31AM
the tube

Posted by: mikebw
Date: September 19, 2017 12:58PM
rz
pRICE cUBE
You can basically get the same 3 meals in a hundred different varieties at Taco Bell.

True.

pRICE cUBE

False

Heh. If I want your opinion I'll tell you what it is!
Date: September 19, 2017 01:07PM
Again, if you don't live in Japan like Drew and me, then this Taco Bell thing might be hard to understand. No, it WILL be hard to understand. It's been reported by international food magazines for many years that the best food in the world is in Japan. Having traveled all over the world except Latin America, I surely think so. Quality is excellent, local ingredients, fresh, etc., not like America where most stuff is shipped across country.

Drew, you're right, most Japanese aren't very fond of the Mexican food flavors. I'll meet y'all in the food court...

Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: September 19, 2017 01:09PM
I was waiting for a bus a few days ago, and some guy pulled up next to me in his car and asked me if I knew where the closest Taco Bell was. I couldn't believe that anyone would actually seek that stuff out.
Date: September 19, 2017 01:09PM
.....food for thought....???

Posted by: vision63
Date: September 19, 2017 01:25PM
mikebw
rz
pRICE cUBE

True.

pRICE cUBE

False

Heh. If I want your opinion I'll tell you what it is!

Taco Bell tastes great. punch smiley
Date: September 19, 2017 01:31PM
.....how are they at tossing......salads......??

Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 19, 2017 04:46PM
rgG
I like their 7-layer veggie burrito.

I'm w/ ya on that one; I just have 'em add chicken to it and call it a meal when coupled w/ iced tea from home. Not necessarily a great meal, but it's fast and easy, and kinda hits the spot. Now if we visit Drew, we'll have a taste of home.
==
Date: September 20, 2017 12:53PM
You know, really, Taco Bell is good after all. It's not trying to be something it's not. Another plus is this from an American electrician friend: his company had the contract to wire all the Taco Bells in his area, a very large urban area. He told me when he had to go back to do service, back in the kitchen areas that Taco Bell is the cleanest kitchen area he had ever seen! Hey, let's go get a Mexican pizza at Taco Bell... vision, I'll walk with you...emoticon_love

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2017 12:53PM by GuyGene.
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 20, 2017 01:52PM
GuyGene
You know, really, Taco Bell is good after all. It's not trying to be something it's not. Another plus is this from an American electrician friend: his company had the contract to wire all the Taco Bells in his area, a very large urban area. He told me when he had to go back to do service, back in the kitchen areas that Taco Bell is the cleanest kitchen area he had ever seen! Hey, let's go get a Mexican pizza at Taco Bell... vision, I'll walk with you...emoticon_love

YES!

I remember when they introduced the Mexican Pizza, it was called the "Pizzazz Pizza." Plus, the Taco Bells where I live are well attended by actual Mexicans (Americans).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 157
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020