Movie: American Made
Posted by: Beam Me Up Scotty
Date: September 29, 2017 08:40PM
I was checking out reviews:

[www.rottentomatoes.com]

And in the process found this article:

"Two Dead on a Tom Cruise Movie Shoot"

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

I must have missed this plane accident/crash in the news, I had no idea it happened.

I know some of you folks refuse to watch a Tom Cruise movie because of the whole Scientology 'thing' but I plan on checking it out next week regardless. I realize it plays fast and loose with the facts but it still looks like something that I'd find interesting. A classic 'popcorn film', easy on the fake butter please...

D & C

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP
11:36 PM - 22 Feb 2015

-Leonard Nimoy
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Movie: American Made
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 29, 2017 08:43PM
....the box office #s for Thursday came out and another dud......it made even less than 'The Mummy'......so audiences stayed away......

......the critics have given it good reviews but audiences just were not interested......see below.....

.......Tom Cruise’s latest movie American Made made $960,000 last night in previews at 2,455 theaters, one of his lowest Thursday nights in recent history.

Just to look: Paramount’s Jack Reacher: Never Go Back last fall made $1.33 million at 2,850 on its Thursday (opening day $8.8M, $22.8M weekend), American Made director Doug Liman’s Edge of Tomorrow made $1.8M and Oblivion hooked $1.1M in midnight shows. Heck, even Cruise’s disaster The Mummy did better at $2.66M in June.

American Made boasts fantastic reviews at 86% certified fresh — higher than The Mummy (16% Rotten) and Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (37% Rotten) — but it’s only expected to bring in a three-day that’s in the mid to high teens, a figure that’s around such recent Cruise pics as Rock of Ages (a bomb for him at $14.4M domestic opening, $75M cost and $59.4M global take) and Jack Reacher, which benefited from 2012 holiday play ($15.2M opening, $80M domestic, $218.3M global, $60M production cost)............

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2017 08:50PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 29, 2017 08:53PM
Just means it's Risky Business funding a Tom Cruise movie...
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: September 30, 2017 06:39AM
The only TC movie I'll watch is Top Gun. For the volleyball scene, of course...plus I think they lowered the net height.
Posted by: DP
Date: September 30, 2017 07:10AM
I liked that he took on the Jack Reacher character and did a pretty good job. The funny thing is that Jack Reacher, in the books, is 6' 6" tall and 220 lbs!

Resident Cardinal...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: September 30, 2017 01:34PM
But, in his mind, that is how Tom Cruise looks!
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: September 30, 2017 04:10PM
Dazed & Confused
I was checking out reviews:

[www.rottentomatoes.com]

And in the process found this article:

"Two Dead on a Tom Cruise Movie Shoot"

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

I must have missed this plane accident/crash in the news, I had no idea it happened.

I know some of you folks refuse to watch a Tom Cruise movie because of the whole Scientology 'thing' but I plan on checking it out next week regardless. I realize it plays fast and loose with the facts but it still looks like something that I'd find interesting. A classic 'popcorn film', easy on the fake butter please...

D & C

Scientology is part of it, but the thing with Cruise is he ALWAYS plays the same guy in every movie he's in. Namely: Tom Cruise. Arrogant, cocky, jerk. One note actor. He's the same guy in Top Gun, Rain Man, Jerry Maguire, Mission Impossible, ad nauseum. Even though he was that guy in Minority Report, it was a good solid sci fi movie despite him.

Posted by: DP
Date: September 30, 2017 04:54PM
Oblivion was good.

Resident Cardinal...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Beam Me Up Scotty
Date: October 01, 2017 11:18AM
My favorite Tom C. movie is still Collateral:

[www.imdb.com]

Cruise makes for a top-notch hired killer...

D & C
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020