advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Person of Interest?!....Time announces nominees for 'Person of the Year'.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 04, 2017 10:31AM
.....and yes, 'he' is on the list.....

Donald Trump’s Person Of Year Competition: Patty Jenkins, Robert Mueller, Kim Jong Un, #MeToo

.....Time revealed its shortlist for 2017’s Person of The Year crown. Yes, President Donald Trump is on the list, despite insisting last month he’d said “no thanks” to magazine execs because they would not guarantee him the win.

Making this year’s short list: Patty Jenkins, who broke glass ceilings for female directors working on event films, delivering the best opening and best worldwide cume ($821.8 million) for a live-action tentpole helmed by a woman with the Warner Bros/DC pic Wonder Woman. Jenkins is returning for the sequel, Wonder Woman 2, again starring Gal Gadot and due for release on November 1, 2019.

Late last month, as Time magazine ramped up for its annual Person of the Year reveal, Trump took to Twitter with claims the magazine called him to say he was “probably” going to receive the honor. But, instead of accepting the title for the second year in a row, Trump said he decided to take a pass.

“I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot,” Trump tweeted. “I said ‘probably’ is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!”

Joining Trump on this year’s list are a slew of thorns in Trump’s side. The list, in no particular order:

-Amazon chief/Washington Post owner Jeff Bezos

-North Korea ruler Kim Jong Un

-Russia election-meddle probe Special Counsel Robert Mueller

-NFL-ers national anthem protest launcher Colin Kaepernick

-#MeToo Movement

-China President Xi Jinping

-The Dreamers

-Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman

Time will announce its 2017 Person of Year on Wednesday.

Time.....is on your side......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2017 10:34AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Person of Interest?!....Time announces nominees for 'Person of the Year'.....
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 04, 2017 10:51AM
The Despot Twins... 'lil Kim and the Orange dude ?
Re: Person of Interest?!....Time announces nominees for 'Person of the Year'.....
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 04, 2017 10:51AM
Kim Jung Un

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: billb
Date: December 04, 2017 10:52AM
Leader !

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: PizzaGod
Date: December 04, 2017 10:57AM
Kaepernick would send Donnie Two-Scoops over the edge.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: December 04, 2017 12:07PM
It has to be Mueller.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: December 04, 2017 01:11PM
#Me Too Movement

Mueller next year judge smiley
Date: December 04, 2017 01:18PM
.....my guess would #MeToo Movement.....because it made the greatest impact....and is still going on.......very important people have been taken down.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2017 01:27PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: dk62
Date: December 04, 2017 01:27PM
My guess is the Chinese president, solidifying the power at home and improving China's position in the world (partially thanks to "him").
Posted by: blooz
Date: December 04, 2017 01:29PM
Somehow they left me off the list again.RollingEyesSmiley5

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: December 04, 2017 01:31PM
I'm taking my name off the list and won't accept it even if they give it to me.
Posted by: beagledave
Date: December 04, 2017 01:31PM
#MeToo this year
Posted by: hal
Date: December 04, 2017 02:47PM
#metoo isn't a person - should mean instant disqualification.

Patty Jenkins may be a good director, but I had to look her up - instant disqualification.

Really, the list should consist of Trump, Kim and maybe Mueller. Everyone else should be WAY down below these...
Date: December 04, 2017 02:49PM
....they have said that 'Person of the Year' doesn't have to be an actual person....it can be a thing, concept, etc......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2017 02:53PM by NewtonMP2100.
Date: December 04, 2017 03:22PM
They're wrong - a person is a person. Other things are not.

(in case it isn't obvious - this is my opinion)
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 04, 2017 03:32PM
Kaepernick this year has my vote.

Mueller next year - one way or another!
Date: December 04, 2017 03:45PM
There are still plenty of people that have no idea who Kaepernick is. The same can't be said about Trump or Kim. But Mueller for next year sounds right on.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: December 04, 2017 05:25PM
A mirror cover with #metoo?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: December 04, 2017 06:02PM
hal
There are still plenty of people that have no idea who Kaepernick is. The same can't be said about Trump or Kim. But Mueller for next year sounds right on.

Pretty much. I have only a passing familiarity with Kaepernick and only through what you guys n gals have posted here as I simply have no time to watch TV any more. Don't need TV to keep up with Trump and Kim. I have less familiarity with Mueller (though more than Kaepernick) but it makes sense that he may be a better choice for next year.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: December 04, 2017 07:01PM
hal
They're wrong - a person is a person. Other things are not.

(in case it isn't obvious - this is my opinion)

1950 - The American Fighting Man
1956 - The Hungarian Freedom Fighter
1960 - U.S. Scientists
1966 - The Inheritor
1968 - The Apollo 8 Astronauts
and many more.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]
Date: December 04, 2017 07:13PM
yes, they've made this mistake before... they should stop it.

It's an intriguing idea - what single person had the greatest effect on the news for a given year? Hitler... FDR... Trump. It shouldn't be hard to find a single human every year that fits. The 'personal computer' as Person of the Year is the dumbest thing ever imo...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2017 07:15PM by hal.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: December 04, 2017 07:54PM
Why not a corporation? They are synthetic persons able to wield economic power, influence politicians and voters, and enjoy immortality. Or perhaps a PAC, like ALEC, that writes laws for Ohio and has major pharma and private prison corporations as members. The opioid pandemic is beneficial to ALEC. It is quite a nasty piece of work, and well suited to Time's cover.

=TC
Posted by: Sam3
Date: December 05, 2017 09:16AM
TheCaber
Why not a corporation? They are synthetic persons able to wield economic power, influence politicians and voters, and enjoy immortality. Or perhaps a PAC, like ALEC, that writes laws for Ohio and has major pharma and private prison corporations as members. The opioid pandemic is beneficial to ALEC. It is quite a nasty piece of work, and well suited to Time's cover.

Citizen's United has defined a corporation as a person, so there's your precedent.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020