advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Works for me. Childrens mouse!
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 24, 2018 12:11PM
I travel as you know...and I don't like a track pad. Have been using a old HP small corded mouse. Decided to try a Childs mouse for traveling. I got them today and love them. Perfect. Logitec has a nifty one and then I am trying another brand that I could get colored.

A man might not like something this small by I am not a large person and my hand fits fine on these children's mice. I didn't get one with Mickey Mouse on it. Just plain mice. winking smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Works for me. Childrens mouse!
Posted by: jdc
Date: January 24, 2018 12:18PM
Most of Logitechs Travel/wireless/laptop mice are smaller -- they sell them everywhere. Think M325 is the number -- and they usually come in a half dozen colors and with patterns or designs on top.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 24, 2018 12:35PM
I've become obsessed with my wireless Logitech T400 Zone touch mouse after breaking the roller wheel on another wireless mouse. It's an obsolete product, so I even bought a spare. Perfect for my smaller sized hands.
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 24, 2018 12:38PM
mine is M187. IT didn't come in a color I don't think but no matter.
Posted by: rz
Date: January 24, 2018 12:45PM
I'm not a big guy, but I really like my Logitech (MX510?) that almost everyone who uses my machine says is huge. I bought it years ago on the advice of someone back in the dealmac forum days. I'm guessing it's close to 15 years old at this point. I will cry if/when I ever have to replace it.
Posted by: DP
Date: January 24, 2018 01:52PM
A good friend of mine is 5'4" and has small hands, and finds a "child" size mouse works well for him, too.

Resident Cardinal...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: jdc
Date: January 24, 2018 02:15PM
rz
I'm not a big guy, but I really like my Logitech (MX510?) that almost everyone who uses my machine says is huge. I bought it years ago on the advice of someone back in the dealmac forum days. I'm guessing it's close to 15 years old at this point. I will cry if/when I ever have to replace it.

Good news, they still make it... [www.logitech.com]

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 24, 2018 03:59PM
jdc
rz

According to Amazon, I purchased a red MX510 for $32.24 in Nov 2004.

The current Logitech listing is for the M510 (no "X") wireless mouse, the MX510 is corded, and new ones seem to be available from scalpers for $300 and up these days. The MX510 was a classic. Though rz, even though I'm saving a NIB blue MX510, the newer G400/G400s may be more easily found, and is very similar.
==

Sometimes it is what it is...
and then there's times when it's really better.

==
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: January 24, 2018 04:32PM
I like a smaller mouse, and MacAlly's iOpti Jr. is my current favorite. It's been discontinued for years but I managed to stumble on some awhile back that OWC was clearing out because of damaged packaging or some such. I grabbed about a half dozen of them, but the last one is now dying.

I bought a couple of MacAlly white mice, hoping they would be the same, but they just don't have the same feel as my trusty iOpti Jr. sad smiley

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: DewGuy
Date: January 24, 2018 07:42PM
For a guy I've got small hands and after trying out a few for size, ended up getting a Logitech M215 Wireless Mouse, it's a travel mouse and even has a place inside to store the receiver.
Posted by: rz
Date: January 24, 2018 08:37PM
Buzz
jdc
rz

According to Amazon, I purchased a red MX510 for $32.24 in Nov 2004.

The current Logitech listing is for the M510 (no "X") wireless mouse, the MX510 is corded, and new ones seem to be available from scalpers for $300 and up these days. The MX510 was a classic. Though rz, even though I'm saving a NIB blue MX510, the newer G400/G400s may be more easily found, and is very similar.
==

That's the one I have, but in blue. I got mine from zipzoomfly on 6/3/05 for $27.99
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 26, 2018 06:30AM
"That's the one I have, but in blue. I got mine from zipzoomfly on 6/3/05 for $27.99"

Our NIB blue one may have been from the same deal... I don't recall, other than that I know it was cheaper than the red ones... IIRC the other red one was from Fry's... now, one of the red ones is beaten/worn to heck, and the other is just old and tired looking. One is hanging off the lightly used C2D Mac Mini and the other gets rotated in on MBP laptop bag travel when Baby Buzz comes along and doesn't take his MBA. We get the similar look & feel from the G400s on the dining room table MBP.
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020