advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Olympic Mens hockey gold medal game with spoilers of course (live 10:30PM EST)
Posted by: hal
Date: February 24, 2018 09:32PM
I wasn't expecting to watch this game - I didn't enjoy watching the US team. They just weren't good enough to be entertaining. I watched a little bit of of Finland v Sweden - a HUGE rivalry and it was pretty good. But somehow, Germany won the group over BOTH Sweden and Finland. Not sure how that happened. They beat fricken CANADA in the semi. NO IDEA how that happened. Germany has never been a threat AT ALL in olympic hockey.

And now they are in the gold medal game against Russia - the only team in the tournament with a handful of NHL quality players. Russia is going to win...

So I have to at least watch a bit in hopes that somehow Germany can make a game of it. IF they do, it will be HUGE! Russia HAS to win. THey've been waiting for YEARS for a return to the gold medal that used to be theirs just for showing up. They had a horrible showing in Sochi. They can't lose... ESPECIALLY to Germany. That would be worse than 1980.

Go GERMANY!

Coached by a beloved ex-Shark
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Olympic Mens hockey gold medal game with spoilers of course (live 10:30PM EST)
Date: February 24, 2018 10:58PM
1-0 Russia after 1 - OF COURSE it would be Voynov scoring - drummed out of the nhl for beating up hid gf.

GER hanging in there...
Re: Olympic Mens hockey gold medal game with spoilers of course (live 10:30PM EST)
Date: February 24, 2018 11:43PM
it's tied after two - hey, germany can do this
Date: February 24, 2018 11:46PM
Stolen from twitter:

Germany’s hockey gold medal odds were 66-to-1 before the #Olympics2018 tournament. So this is really fun for someone.
Posted by: CW2V
Date: February 25, 2018 12:19AM
hooo boy!

CW2V
Date: February 25, 2018 12:20AM
OMG!!!
Date: February 25, 2018 12:20AM
oh god... heads are gonna roll... FOR REAL
Posted by: CW2V
Date: February 25, 2018 12:23AM
!!!!

CW2V
Date: February 25, 2018 12:24AM
what a game!!
Posted by: freeradical
Date: February 25, 2018 12:28AM
Did somebody win?
Posted by: DP
Date: February 25, 2018 07:12AM
Russian hockey players sing banned national anthem over Olympic anthem at medal ceremony

No flag at the Closing Ceremony. No anthem. No medals for Russia in the record book.

But that didn’t mean the Russians couldn’t sing. And after the Olympic Athletes from Russia topped Germany in a thrilling gold medal hockey game, that’s exactly what they did.

[www.yahoo.com]

4-3 in OT. Go OAR!-Only because they stuck their thumbs in the eye of the the most corrupt organization in the world... Can't take anything away from the Germans, tho. Hell of an effort for a team not expected to do much.

A throwback image to celebrate Autumn.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Date: February 25, 2018 01:24PM
The only organization that is more corrupt that the IOC is the Russian anti-doping agency. They got busted with a national effort similar to what the East Germans were doing. The only reason that ANY Russians were at the Olympics was due to strong 'negotiation' from Russia - I suspect many members of the IOC are richer from that negotiation.
Posted by: DP
Date: February 25, 2018 04:46PM
hal
The only organization that is more corrupt that the IOC is the Russian anti-doping agency. They got busted with a national effort similar to what the East Germans were doing. The only reason that ANY Russians were at the Olympics was due to strong 'negotiation' from Russia - I suspect many members of the IOC are richer from that negotiation.

thumbs up

A throwback image to celebrate Autumn.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 27, 2018 11:24AM
.....some love a good athletic....supporter....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020