advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
All Google Calendar Events Just Disappeared from Calendar: Help!
Posted by: steveroberts
Date: March 16, 2018 03:24PM
Hi Friends,

For no apparent reason, all of my Google Calendar events abruptly disappeared from view on Mac Calendar.

When I log into the Google Calendar web interface, everything's still there. Which is a good thing, but hmmm.

Any suggestions or advice on recovering this information so that it again displays in Calendar would be greatly appreciated.

SR
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: All Google Calendar Events Just Disappeared from Calendar: Help!
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: March 16, 2018 03:41PM
First; don't panic!

I've been getting Google Admin emails today that Gmail was down "for some users". This may be a temporary thing that's being worked on now.
First - be patient!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: The UnDoug
Date: March 16, 2018 08:22PM
I agree with "Be Patient," but you could try deleting and re-adding the Google account on your Mac.

[www.zeemaps.com]
Date: March 16, 2018 09:20PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I will be patient.

Very strange, though. If I add a new event to Calendar, it does show up on Google Calendar. But not vice versa...

SR
Date: March 17, 2018 05:11AM
UPDATE: I deleted and recreated the Google account this morning. Almost immediately, the events began reappearing on Calendar. However, a few minutes later, they all disappeared.

Any other thoughts on this?

Thank you,

SR
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: March 17, 2018 09:51AM
Maybe a bug in Apple's "Internet Accounts" architecture.

Reboot, then delete the account setting and recreate it again.

Date: March 18, 2018 05:35AM
Thanks for the tip. I rebooted, then recreated the Google account. This time it appeared in triplicate.

My Calendar populated with three of each scheduled event, then they all disappeared, except a few that had been created long ago and we're scheduled indefinitely.

Is there anything else I can do with this?

SR
Date: March 18, 2018 09:46AM
Are you using the Internet Accounts settings in the System Preferences when you recreate the account?

Or doing it in the Accounts pref's in the Calendar app?

Do you see anything odd when you check both places?

Date: March 18, 2018 11:55AM
Thanks for the follow up.

Yes, using Internet Accounts when recreating. I did not see anything odd.

To add to the confusion, or maybe to isolate the problem, I downloaded the trial of Fantastical 2. That sync'd everything up as expected. So, it looks like Calendar is the problem. But, how to fix it?

Delete preferences? Something else I could try?

SR

P.S. New events added do show up in Calendar, but most of what was previously entered does not appear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2018 01:46PM by steveroberts.
Date: March 18, 2018 03:26PM
steveroberts
Thanks for the follow up.

Yes, using Internet Accounts when recreating. I did not see anything odd.

To add to the confusion, or maybe to isolate the problem, I downloaded the trial of Fantastical 2. That sync'd everything up as expected. So, it looks like Calendar is the problem. But, how to fix it?

Delete preferences? Something else I could try?

SR

P.S. New events added do show up in Calendar, but most of what was previously entered does not appear.

Apple's totally messed up the settings and caches for the Calendar. It's insanely complicated now, spread out among the Internet Accounts settings, Calendar settings, Calendars data folder, Calendar plists, and Containers. Tossing the wrong thing could screw up accounts settings for seemingly unrelated apps.

I guess you could try first deleting all Calendar subscription settings from the Internet Accounts settings; tossing the com.apple.CalendarAgent folders from the ~/Library/Containers folder; toss the Calendars folder from the ~/Library folder; toss the com.apple.Calendar plists from the ~/Library/Preferences folder... And then reboot.

...This is totally off the top of my head and untested and I can't predict what might happen. In theory, it will set your Apple Calendar stuff back to zero and any new settings that you add should work normally. In practice... I probably missed something. Total shot in the dark and you do it at your own risk.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020