advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
National tragedy: "Study Puts Puerto Rico Death Toll From Hurricane Maria Near 5,000"
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 29, 2018 12:58PM
Scope of human disaster revealed in study. Study Puts Puerto Rico Death Toll From Hurricane Maria Near 5,000. The findings are being published Tuesday by The New England Journal of Medicine.
[www.npr.org]
My Fellow Americans

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2018 01:01PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: National tragedy: "Study Puts Puerto Rico Death Toll From Hurricane Maria Near 5,000"
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 29, 2018 01:25PM
The story is a little incomplete. It doesn't mention people dying from drinking tainted water because their usual water supplies had been interrupted for so long. Most of these were completely preventable deaths. I guess they put these under the "delayed or interrupted health care" category.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Re: National tragedy: "Study Puts Puerto Rico Death Toll From Hurricane Maria Near 5,000"
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: May 29, 2018 02:12PM
Not surprising. The post-Katrina New Orleans death toll was quite a bit higher than the storm event death toll.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: May 29, 2018 02:48PM
I wonder what the comparable status is on the other islands affected by the same storm. How are Cuba and the Dom Republic doing?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 136
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020