advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
if you have important things to do, dont' click here - tigger punch???
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: January 08, 2007 01:51PM
Does this seem like a punch to you?

[www.kwtx.com]

see video link in there.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: if you have important things to do, dont' click here - tigger punch???
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 08, 2007 02:00PM
The kid was an @#$%&. He was grabbing the actors costume and doing something like trying to take it off.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: blusubaru
Date: January 08, 2007 02:01PM
I like how in the home video the kid is dressed all punk or emo, but in the interview he's in a t-shirt and glasses, with combed hair.
Posted by: spearmint
Date: January 08, 2007 02:08PM
The Tigger movie was on today. Talk about good timing.

Da Good Life
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: January 08, 2007 02:17PM
Heard on the radio:

It's hard for Tigger to get away with stuff like that. Know why?

He kind of stands out in a police line up...because...(ready?)...heeeeeee's the Only ONE!

Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 08, 2007 02:20PM
Tigger groped my wife on our honeymoon. She just smiled and said "My, what big hands you have big boy."
Posted by: jdc
Date: January 08, 2007 02:23PM
its crap, the kid was trying to pull the costume off, you can see his head snap back

i dont think he was trying to punch him either, it looks like he might have been trying to steady himself so he wouldnt fall over the railing behind him

ive worn a mascot costume before, the head is very, very heavy and not well balanced

my father would have know better and seen right through that and called me on it -- he would have told me to apologize to tigger right away or he would kick my a$$ for being a fruitcake and doing something stupid...

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: rickard5
Date: January 08, 2007 02:40PM
It's just another case of Some Parent not taking responsibility for their child's behavior, with out seeing the WHOLE tape of the incident, it’s hard to make a judgment call, But my money is on the child acting like a little HEATHEN, then the costumed employee tired to block a hit from the little monster and Mommy and Daddy came up with “HE HIT MY LITTLE JOHNNY, LITTLE JOHNNY CAN DO NO WRONG. Let’s sue Disney for a bunch of Money!” Having been to both Disney land and world, I have been amazed at how parents let their children act. I know now that my Daughter is 20 there is nothing in this world that would get me in a theme park again !! only because of the behavior of the Monsters that parents aren’t raising these days.

In 2004 a Walt Disney World employee dressed as Tigger was accused of touching the breast of a 13-year-old girl while she posed with him for a photo.
A jury found the man innocent
My money is on this being a another case of “How can I get something for nothing at some one else’s expense?”
And when this actor is vindicated, as I am sure he will, I hope the media and the Parents of this kid exercise as much Vigilance to repair this guy’s good name and Reputation
Posted by: pRON aHOLIC
Date: January 08, 2007 02:48PM
I am really disappointed in Tigger, you can tell his left hook needs a lot of work. Seriously though, looks like he was fending off the kid. I would bet the "missing" part is the kid being an @#$%& to Tigger. I hope the kid didn't end up with an orange eye or anything.

-------------------------------------------------------

Join team 38910 folding! [folding.stanford.edu] multi cpu-[calxalot.homeip.net]
Posted by: papercup
Date: January 08, 2007 02:49PM
At least it wasn't a donkey punch.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 08, 2007 02:50PM
at least he didn't get Poohed on.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: January 08, 2007 11:27PM
ha! When I was 5 we went to Disney World and I got up on a short wall and was banging on Winnie the Pooh's head, yelling "Who's in there?!". He didn't try to do anything to me, of course I was a pretty small kid at the time so I don't think it really bothered him that much. That and my parents were there to stop me.

From the video clip, it looks like tigger is about to fall and is reaching to grab onto something. Maybe the kid was being a jerk, maybe the guy in the costume reacted poorly, but that was a lame punch by any standard.
Posted by: pRON aHOLIC
Date: January 09, 2007 02:14AM
mikebw
ha! When I was 5 we went to Disney World and I got up on a short wall and was banging on Winnie the Pooh's head, yelling "Who's in there?!". He didn't try to do anything to me, of course I was a pretty small kid at the time so I don't think it really bothered him that much. That and my parents were there to stop me.

From the video clip, it looks like tigger is about to fall and is reaching to grab onto something. Maybe the kid was being a jerk, maybe the guy in the costume reacted poorly, but that was a lame punch by any standard.

I haven't seen a punch that weak since the last NBA fight.

-------------------------------------------------------

Join team 38910 folding! [folding.stanford.edu] multi cpu-[calxalot.homeip.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2007 02:14AM by pRON aHOLIC.
Posted by: mspace
Date: January 09, 2007 08:59AM
I have done extensive work in full body costumes. It is NOT fun when a kid decides to attack.

Your vision is extremely limited. You have to really guess on how to protect yourself. I was in a 12 foot tall full body marioinette and some kid tried to tip me over. On a full dance floor. I had to see the doctor a couple of times from the twist in my back fighting the potentially damaging fall. Luckily, I didn't crash.

I don't know how it is at Disney, but I never worked without a "walker" or "spotter" for that very reason.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 75
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020