advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
A few more condor images
Posted by: DP
Date: July 31, 2018 09:15PM
Here are a few more pictures of our official forum Condor. Here she was posing for everyone when she just started stretching out a wing:

Then out even further. Looked like she was starting her daily yoga routine:

What position is this?

Lastly, I think she was looking for her iPhone:

Here's hoping she can stay with us for some time to come...

In memory of Dickie Betts.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

"Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime."- Lavrentiy Beria
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: A few more condor images
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: July 31, 2018 09:38PM
Wow..what an amazing bird.
Posted by: blooz
Date: July 31, 2018 11:02PM
Nice photos for those of us who have never seen a condor.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: steve...
Date: July 31, 2018 11:49PM
Speaking of condors, today on my bike ride, I saw four Turkey Vultures feeding on what looked like a dead seal carcass on the beach. I took an iPhone picture but I was too far away.

They were black with bald red heads and yellow beaks.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 31, 2018 11:51PM
Great work! Can't tell the number on that tag, but they're all tagged.

[www.peregrinefund.org]
Date: August 01, 2018 06:15AM
We have her identified from my earlier post, bfd. Ombligo posted the site. She's J1 and we need a name for her.

521 AZ - Wild Female J1 27 Apr 2009 1 43 24 Sep 2011

We have Ms. Mac, LeezaRice, Jay-Wun, J-One-Nita; just say it altogether quickly = JUANITA, Condorleeza, and El condor pasa.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.

Posted by: billb
Date: August 01, 2018 07:31AM
no birdyMcbird ?

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Date: August 01, 2018 08:34AM
We'll add it to the list, bill!

Date: August 01, 2018 08:37AM
steve...
Speaking of condors, today on my bike ride, I saw four Turkey Vultures feeding on what looked like a dead seal carcass on the beach. I took an iPhone picture but I was too far away.

Yep. Another of Nature's clean up crews.

Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 01, 2018 10:33AM
Being bald means that you don't have to worry about dead and rotting flesh getting caught up in your feathers.

angel smiley

Truthfully though, scavengers prefer the "freshly dead", not stuff that's rotting.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: August 01, 2018 02:03PM
Careful there! We have bunches of those Turkey Vultures around here. We love watching them soar. Very graceful in the air.

However, don't get too close to one when it's on the ground. As a defense, they puke up a vile, awful smelling fluid when threatened. you, and any predator would be sorry if you got that near of one. smiley-shocked003

steve...

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Acer
Date: August 01, 2018 04:54PM
Rick-o
Careful there! We have bunches of those Turkey Vultures around here. We love watching them soar. Very graceful in the air.

However, don't get too close to one when it's on the ground. As a defense, they puke up a vile, awful smelling fluid when threatened. you, and any predator would be sorry if you got that near of one. smiley-shocked003]

Then I move to modify billb's name entry to pukiemcpuke.
Posted by: billb
Date: August 01, 2018 07:56PM
Acer
Rick-o

However, don't get too close to one when it's on the ground. As a defense, they puke up a vile, awful smelling fluid when threatened. you, and any predator would be sorry if you got that near of one. smiley-shocked003]

Then I move to modify billb's name entry to pukiemcpuke.

Why not just be honest and enter your own submission as your own.
I just voiced a surprise that no one had offered up the relevant boatyMacboat meme yet.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: August 01, 2018 07:58PM
Turkey vultures eat just about everything except their own.

my county had an issue with hundreds of them roosting in trees over a boat launch parking lot. An oldtimer said it was an easy fix - he shot one and tied the remains to a tree branch nearby. The next day there was not a single bird in sight. They never came back.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 164
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020