advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
AppleCare Hell; Follow-Up, Part B – “Add’l Discoveries, Delays, and a Response”
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 17, 2006 12:51PM
Sorry for the belated update, but things should get cleared up as you read on. Again, thank you to all of you that viewed and responded to the saga posted a few pages back.

[forums.macresource.com]

as well as last Thursday’s follow up

< [forums.macresource.com];

I tried to call Chris, the CUSA manager, at the appointed time on Friday, around 2:00 PM, however, he was tied up w/ in-store customers, and otherwise not easily accessible by phone, requiring 5 callbacks and over half an hour on hold (out of about a 50 minute stretch). I finally reached him shortly before 3:00 PM, by which time my wife had already left to pick up our son from school. I had intended on picking him up, and going straight to CUSA, assuming Jesse, the Apple rep, was in the store with Chris, as had been previously discussed.

Given the timing was then screwed up, Chris and I decided I would email him the appropriate documents; the original invoice from 10/8/2004, the CUSA “duplicate” invoice from 12/5/2005, the MacMall work order from 12/5/2005, the MacMall service report from 1/12/2006 (the day before when I picked up the machine), a photo of the surface mount capacitor found rattling in the machine immediately after purchase, and my fax cover letter to AppleCare from 12/6/2005. Of course, in the email, I also provided him links to the saga found in this forum. The email went out around 3:30 PM Friday, and Chris said he would call me back as soon as he had a chance to digest the information. I waited until around 5:40 PM, then tried to call him back a couple more times without getting through, after being left on hold. Shortly before 6:00 PM, I tried to call AppleCare, but before I could navigate through their voicemail to a human, their system cut me off for the weekend. BTW, I still haven’t heard from back from Chris.

After taking the wife and kid out for a nice dinner Friday night, I looked for more clues in the backup copy of the CUSA MDD’s drive I had made the evening before, and quickly found that the backup data from 1997 through the next few years, belonged to a local designer whose contact information is readily available. After coming up empty trying to google “P.M.”, and looking in online directories for his contact info, I started digging through different vendors’ local phone books, and did discover a listing w/ a no address, phone number only, for him.

Neither “P.M.” nor the designer have answered their phones over MLK weekend, so I will be sending them emails later today detailing the saga of the CUSA machine that contains their data. I have not ascertained the relationship, if any, yet between “P.M.” and the designer, though I’m assuming there is a reasonable explanation for the abundance of both of their information being on the same machine. I’d say I can’t understand how, or why, CUSA would let a machine w/ that much of other peoples’ info on it get into anybody else’s hands, but given what I’ve had to deal with lately, it’s getting clearer and clearer how it happens…

Now, for this episode’s topper; after speaking w/ AppleCare’s Mark at 3:00 PM Thursday, where no indication was given that any of my previous rantings had any effect at AppleCare; Saturday night (and I do mean night, our mail comes real late sometimes) in the mail was an AppleCare contract covering the CUSA MDD through 9/12/2006, for three years from when “P.M.’s” history with the machine started, or in other words, for only another eight months. The AppleCare contract was dated 1/3/2006, yet Mark had no clue on the 12th, nor did the others at AppleCare that I had spoken to after the 3rd. My 12/6/2005 cover letter to AppleCare specifically asks them to contact MacMall with the coverage info, as initially I had no clue of the mess this would turn out to be, and it was discussed w/ the original AppleCare rep I spoke with that gave me the fax number for the cover letter and attachments.

So now it appears I can go get the machine fixed…, but this certainly isn’t what I “bought” on October 8, 2004, nor do I imagine “P.M.” or the designer would think so either. I originally thought “P.M.” might have been associated w/ CUSA in some fashion, but the info contained on the drive now leads me to believe otherwise. Stay tuned; I have a feeling things are going to get really interesting once everybody is introduced to each other.

Buzz
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: AppleCare Hell; Follow-Up, Part B – “Add’l Discoveries, Delays, and a Response”
Posted by: SteveJobs
Date: January 17, 2006 01:26PM
breathe
Re: AppleCare Hell; Follow-Up, Part B – “Add’l Discoveries, Delays, and a Response”
Posted by: The Grim Ninja
Date: January 17, 2006 01:33PM
After all you've been through, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't settle for less than a mid-G5, brand new.

Good luck..
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: January 17, 2006 02:17PM
I pretty much agree with Grim...

Do you happen to have an attorney in the family that could write 'em a note on letterhead about "resolving this issue satisfactorily before beginning legal proceedings"?

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: d0e
Date: January 17, 2006 02:29PM
buzz you would make one hell of a attack dog smiling smiley i hope you get a new machine with out too much more stress.
Posted by: msglee
Date: January 17, 2006 03:32PM
Can't wait until the movie comes out.

Bowleys Quarters MD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 89
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020