advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Scroll the Calendar with a mouse?
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: August 23, 2018 08:46PM
Has anyone ever been able to get the month view to scroll by using a mouse?

I've been using a mouse for so long that when my wife scrolled her month view in Calendar on her MacBook, I almost lost it.

I don't think it works with anything but the track pad, but just checking to see if anyone figured out how to do it with a mouse scroll wheel. (I use a Logitech M-510 wireless)

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Ventura 13.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs M1 2020 13" MBAir (256G 8G)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Scroll the Calendar with a mouse?
Posted by: modelamac
Date: August 24, 2018 09:37AM
tuqqer,

I have always been able to scroll (mouse middle wheel) the calendar in day and week view, but in month view, the whole calendar shows. On my Macs, no scrolling in month view is necessary or possible.

Ed (modelamac)

I think I will just put an OUT OF ORDER
sticker on my head and call it a day.
Re: Scroll the Calendar with a mouse?
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: August 24, 2018 09:45AM
I think I'm seeing the same thing on my Mac that you're describing, modelmac. There's a whole other scrolling possible with trackpads, and that's being able to scroll all 52 or 100 weeks in one long scroll, or 12 months in one long scroll. You can even stop and see half of one month on the top and half of the next on the bottom.

I just heard back from the creator of a mouse utility called SteerMouse, which I've used for 10 years or so. He says it's a "known issue." -

"It is a known issue. Only gesture devices are available for scrolling of the month view.
It is the behavior of Calendar.app. SteerMouse is not able to solve it."

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Ventura 13.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs M1 2020 13" MBAir (256G 8G)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020