advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Canon EOS 6D Mark II DSLR Camera (Body Only) $1200
Posted by: DP
Date: October 19, 2018 06:33AM
Electronics.Woot has Canon EOS 6D Mark II DSLR Camera (Body Only) for $1199.99. Shipping is free w/ Amazon Prime, otherwise shipping is $6.

This a full frame camera.

[slickdeals.net]

A little break from the grief...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Canon EOS 6D Mark II DSLR Camera (Body Only) $1200
Posted by: Sam3
Date: October 19, 2018 09:37AM
How does the 6d mk2 compare to the original 6d? I hear that it wasn't that great of an upgrade, but I would like to hear from the knowledgeable ones here, as $1200 seems to be a pretty good price.
Posted by: robfilms
Date: October 19, 2018 10:43AM
the biggest upgrades are in the processor being much newer, faster, smarter, ie better.

the 6dmk2 also has a much better autofocus system for both stills and video (DAF-dual auto focus)

some suggest that DAF is the best tracking autofocus in the biz especially in video.

the three major negatives is there is no headphone jack (there is a mic input) so monitoring audio when shooting vids is by looking at the display. the second neg is that the vid is not 4k. the third neg is only one card slot.

as for stills, folks are pleased with the images-it's a canon full frame sensor which produces that wonderful canon color plus the 6dmk2 is much cheaper than the 5dmk4.

thumbs up.

rob
Posted by: DP
Date: October 19, 2018 10:43AM
I have also seen some reviews of that but others say it's a great camera. I particularly like the improved noise reduction.

A little break from the grief...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: robfilms
Date: October 19, 2018 01:08PM
i am not disagreeing.

the canon 6dmk2 is a VERY good camera.
smiley-music039

rob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2018 01:08PM by robfilms.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: October 19, 2018 02:39PM
This is new with one year Canon warranty.

The only reason some of the reviews were negative is because some thought it wasn't enough of an improvement over the original.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2018 02:40PM by AllGold.
Posted by: kahuna1342
Date: October 19, 2018 06:06PM
Many reviews not liking the low-light and dynamic range capabilities. Never touched one myself, but that is what I have been reading.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but, three rights make a left.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: October 19, 2018 09:55PM
kahuna1342
Many reviews not liking the low-light and dynamic range capabilities. Never touched one myself, but that is what I have been reading.

Yes, the 6D was a mild step backwards in terms of low light performance and dynamic range. I actually had an original 6D to go along with my 5D III b/c the 6D sensor was better than the 5D III. Sold the 6D when I got a Sony a7R II. But the 6D II has massive improvements to the auto focus and is still a great camera if you’re in the Canon eco-system.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: October 20, 2018 01:59AM
I don't get into all the minutiae of the sensor specs but I'm not so sure low light and dynamic range are actually a step back. My impression is there are a lot of measurebators who wanted massive improvements (from an already fine camera) in noise and dynamic range. When they didn't get them, they poo-pooed the Mark II.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 22, 2018 07:05PM
Reminds me when the armchair film shooters argued about different film batches.

I just shot my jobs and collected the money.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 94
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020