advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Bandersnatch on Netflix
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 03, 2019 07:40AM
We tried to watch this last night, but it would not work properly on Apple TV 4. I think we would have been able to watch the linear version. We were really curious about the interactive version, so we tried to stream on MacBook Air. Then it worked, but as soon as we used AirPlay to stream to the AppleTV, it would not work again. The only way to watch the non-linear version was on MacBook Air.

Apparently very few devices support the non-linear version.

Interactive content on Netflix

Interactive content is a fun new way to experience Netflix. In each interactive title, you can make choices for the characters, shaping the story as you go! Each choice leads to a different adventure, so you can watch again and again, and see a new story each time.
What devices will I be able to watch interactive content on?

Interactive content is available on many newer devices, including smart TVs, streaming media players, game consoles, and iOS devices running the latest version of the Netflix app.

Chromecasts, the Windows App, browsers using Silverlight and Apple TVs do not support interactive content at this time.

Sometimes a device update is needed to ensure your TV has the newest Netflix app. If you're not sure how to update the system software on your TV, you can check your owner's manual or contact the manufacturer. Please note that an update does not guarantee that your TV will be compatible with interactive content.

For steps on updating the application on an iOS device, see How do I update the Netflix app on my iPhone, iPad or iPod touch?

Playback on Android is only supported with Stretch Armstrong: The Breakout (Android app version 6.11 or later) and Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Android app version 6.19 or later).

Devices that do not support interactive content will play a linear version of the episode that does not include choices.
What interactive content can I watch on Netflix?

We have several original interactive titles, with more on the way.

@#$%& in Book: Trapped in an Epic Tale, available now.

Buddy Thunderstruck: The Maybe Pile, available now.

Stretch Armstrong: The Breakout, available now.

Minecraft: Story Mode, available now.

Minecraft: Story Mode is only available on devices that support interactive content. No linear version is available.

If you attempt to watch Minecraft: Story Mode on a device that does not support interactive content, you will be instructed to switch to a supported device.

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, available now.

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch is only available on devices that support interactive content. No linear version is available.

If you attempt to watch Black Mirror: Bandersnatch on a device that does not support interactive content, you will be instructed to switch to a supported device.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2019 07:41AM by space-time.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bandersnatch on Netflix
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 03, 2019 07:42AM
.....it was posted at one of the mac sites that it would not work properly on Apple TV [ you banded her what?! ]......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2019 08:07AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: dfilpus
Date: January 03, 2019 08:05AM
Worked fine on my iPad Mini 2.
Posted by: pinion
Date: January 03, 2019 08:42AM
Works on Roku and Fire TV stick. I actually really enjoyed it. We've spent the past couple of nights trying to get every scene.

---“What you permit, you promote. What you allow, you encourage. What you condone, you own.”
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: January 03, 2019 09:42AM
Worked on my LG OLED 55in TV but not on my Apple TV.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 03, 2019 09:46AM
....here is the article....won't work on Apple TV but will work on other Apple devices....

Netflix's New Interactive 'Black Mirror: Bandersnatch' Episode Doesn't Work on Apple TV

....The latest episode of popular horror series "Black Mirror" is available on Netflix today, but you're not going to want to watch it on the Apple TV.

"Bandersnatch," the new episode, is an interactive choose-your-own adventure style show where you make the decisions on how the story progresses. As it turns out, the interactive feature does not work on the Apple TV, Chromecast, the Windows App, or browsers using Silverlight.

According to a Netflix support document, its interactive content is limited to smart TVs, streaming media players, game consoles, iOS devices, and Android devices running the latest version of the Netflix app.

Those with Apple devices are going to want to use an iPhone, iPad, or web browser to watch "Bandersnatch" to get the full experience. If you try to watch on the Apple TV, you will see a message that the interactive content can't be displayed, with Netflix recommending that you watch on another device. From Netflix's website:

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch is only available on devices that support interactive content. No linear version is available.

If you attempt to watch Black Mirror: Bandersnatch on a device that does not support interactive content, you will be instructed to switch to a supported device.

"Black Mirror: Bandersnatch" is available as of this morning on Netflix. You can make sure you're watching a the episode on a compatible device if you see a red badge in the corner of the display.

you won't be able to bander.....this snatch on an Apple TV......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2019 09:47AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 03, 2019 09:51AM
breaking:
'Netflix discovers hypertext'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 179
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020