advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Notes Problem
Posted by: rouderon
Date: January 31, 2019 04:34PM
So, I was editing a note from Notes on my iPhone, and accidentally deleted the contents of the note. As soon as I did, I tried undoing the delete, but there was no where to 'undo.' So I hit the back arrow. Once I did that, the note disappeared. Can't locate it on iCloud (though there is a backup from early this a.m.). There were important passwords there and I think I just learned a valuable iCloud back-up lesson: don't trust it...

Any way the data would still be accessible in my iPhone?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Notes Problem
Posted by: Drew
Date: January 31, 2019 06:23PM
Here's a page about "Undo" for iOS Notes. Not sure if it's helpful, but I learned something.
[smallbusiness.chron.com]
Posted by: rouderon
Date: January 31, 2019 07:36PM
I did read that, but unfortunately not until after I pressed the back arrow and the whole note
disappeared :-(
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: January 31, 2019 07:54PM
rouderon
Any way the data would still be accessible in my iPhone?

Not that I'm aware of. If you deleted the note, it'd be in the trash or might be recoverable as a recently deleted note in iCloud, but a saved-edit is different...

If you were syncing notes to your computer then you could try pulling the Ethernet cable or turning off WiFi to take it offline and prevent it from syncing. Should then be able to copy the text out of the Notes app and put it into a new note or save it elsewhere.

Another option: If you backed up your iPhone to your Mac, you might be able to pull the note from the backup via an app like PhoneView.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020