advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Police investigating whether Jussie Smollett staged attack with help of others
Posted by: btfc
Date: February 14, 2019 07:13PM
' Chicago police confirmed Thursday that detectives are talking to two persons of interest in connection with the alleged attack on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.

Multiple sources have told ABC7 Eyewitness News that police are investigating whether Smollett and the two men staged the attack allegedly because Smollett was being written off of "Empire." '

[abc7chicago.com]

" ‘Empire’ Actor Jussie Smollett Orchestrated Attack, Sources Say "

[chicago.cbslocal.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Police investigating whether Jussie Smollett staged attack with help of others
Posted by: DP
Date: February 14, 2019 07:40PM
Chicago police say, "no, we aren't"...

[www.complex.com]

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Re: Police investigating whether Jussie Smollett staged attack with help of others
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 14, 2019 07:48PM
......what he said.....the Police deny the report.....they didn't just say 'no comment'......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: February 14, 2019 07:51PM
Anthony Guglielmi, a Chicago police spokesman.

And from Fox.

“In a statement, Fox denied that Smollett was being written off the show.

“The idea that Jussie Smollett has been, or would be, written off of ‘Empire’ is patently ridiculous,” the network and studio said in a joint statement. “He remains a core player on this very successful series and we continue to stand behind him.””

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2019 08:02PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: btfc
Date: February 14, 2019 08:00PM
I'm hoping that these later reports are accurate and that the two stories that I linked to above are B.S.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: February 14, 2019 09:14PM
Whichever one is true is fscked up. The assault is more horrifying but faking something like this is horrifying, too.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: The UnDoug
Date: February 14, 2019 09:27PM
As terrible as this sounds, I hope it really did happen. I will admit that one of my first thoughts upon hearing about it, was that it might have been staged.

[www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: February 14, 2019 10:44PM
And, as usual, NBC reports based on an unnamed 'police official'...

NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt -
"Through meticulous investigation," Chicago police detectives "have identified the persons of interest in the area of the alleged attack of the Empire cast member," police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in a tweet Thursday morning.

"These individuals are not yet suspects but were in area of concern and are being questioned," he said.

A police official told NBC News on Thursday that the persons of interest, who were tracked down through video and travel records, are affiliated with "Empire." Police sources gave no further information about their specific roles or connections to the show, other than to say the investigation continues and to stress that they were pursuing all leads.
nbcnews.com

crap journalism

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

Posted by: pdq
Date: February 15, 2019 08:43AM
MrNoBody

crap journalism

Really? Because they got some important details that a policeman perhaps didn’t want his name attached to?

Do you doubt that these folks are affiliated with Empire, or that the investigation continues and they are pursuing all leads?
Posted by: gabester
Date: February 15, 2019 08:55AM
ka jowct
Whichever one is true is fscked up. The assault is more horrifying but faking something like this is horrifying, too.

Ockham's razor suggests that the attack is real. Why would the actor make _this_ up?

Practically, when was the last time Chicago Police took the side of a black man? The administration there has a vested interest in getting this right. Some department hack looking for attention - or possibly involved by way of interaction with the attackers - is creating misdirection intentionally to stir the pot.

It's what we face in these times - nothing can be black and white... but if you learn to read the grays, this is the action of a couple deplorable individuals.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: February 15, 2019 09:35AM
Some folks seem super invested in undermining the credibility of a Black gay man for no clear reason.

Except that some reasons are so obvious they don't need explanation, do they?

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 15, 2019 09:43AM
....it is the same reason that store security will follow a black man or woman in a store but not a white man/woman.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: February 15, 2019 05:38PM
pdq
MrNoBody

crap journalism

Really? Because they got some important details that a policeman perhaps didn’t want his name attached to?

Do you doubt that these folks are affiliated with Empire, or that the investigation continues and they are pursuing all leads?

'A policeman' who may not even have knowledge or perhaps has his/her own agenda. NBC and several other news outlets have made a habit of using
"unnamed" and "confidential" sources.
I don't trust them and in general no longer trust most law enforcement agencies.

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2019 05:39PM by MrNoBody.
Posted by: gabester
Date: February 17, 2019 08:31PM
gabester
It's what we face in these times - nothing can be black and white... but if you learn to read the grays, this is the action of a couple deplorable individuals.

I may have to eat my words... It may be an inside job after all.

[forums.macresource.com]

At this point I'm so confused about the timeline and what happened, I'm going to just wait for the books to be written.
g=
Date: February 19, 2019 01:19PM
Latest news from CBS Chicago: HOAX
[forums.macresource.com]

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 417
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020