advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Target Redcard and ApplePay?
Posted by: space-time
Date: February 14, 2019 07:23PM
I could have sworn that I saw an email with the subject line something like you can now add your RedCard to Apple Wallet. So tonight I tried to add the RedCard to Apple Wallet and I got the message that ApplePay is not available for this card.

So I went and checked my emails and I cannot find any trace of this. I wonder where this idea got in my head...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Target Redcard and ApplePay?
Posted by: Winston
Date: February 14, 2019 09:20PM
Not sure, but you can add it to the Target app. You have to open the app and scan the barcode, vs. the Apple Pay touch-ID, but it works. (If you set it up before you begin a checkout at Target.)

Good luck.

- Winston

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Posted by: The UnDoug
Date: February 14, 2019 09:25PM
Winston is correct. You can NOT add Target's RedCard to Apple Pay, but the Target app has a "Wallet," to which you can. Then, when you check out (if doing self-checkout), you open the Target app, tap on the Wallet icon at the bottom, authenticate (Face/Touch), then use the handheld scanner to scan the barcode on the screen.

[www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: space-time
Date: February 14, 2019 09:51PM
"Pay and save with REDcardâ„¢ in Target Wallet"

You guys are correct. That was it. I think what happened was I said in my mind that I can set up the card and leave it home (keep the wallet thin) but I forgot the details. So today when I had to update another card in Apple Wallet, I also tried to add Target Red Card. Of course it didn't work, and there were no emails about Target and ApplePay of course.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 15, 2019 07:04AM
....you guys are right on Target.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 378
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020