Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
New Nigerian scam
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: February 20, 2019 09:26AM
Sort of. Scammers pretending that they have caught scammers:

...We have been able to track down so many of this scam artist in various parts of west African countries which includes (NIGERIA, REPUBLIC OF BENIN, TOGO, GHANA CAMEROUN AND SENEGAL) and they are all in our custody here in Lagos Nigeria. We have been able to recover so much money from these scam artists. The United Nation Anti-crime commission and the United State Government have ordered the money recovered from the Scammers to be shared among 100 Lucky people around the globe.

This email is been directed to you because your email address was found in one of the scam Artists file and computer hard disk in our custody here in Nigeria. You are therefore being compensated with $2.5 Million Dollars. We have also arrested all those who claim that they are barristers, bank officials, Lottery Agents who has money for transfer or want you to be the next of kin of such funds which does not exist. Since your name appeared among the lucky beneficiaries who will receive a compensation of $2.5 Million, we have arranged your payment through our (KTT) Bank to Bank Telegraghic Tranfer center...

Saw this at Macintouch today.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: New Nigerian scam
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: February 20, 2019 10:31AM
Wow.

Macintouch is still around?
Date: February 20, 2019 12:29PM
Lux Interior
Wow.

Macintouch is still around?

Yes. Still a daily go-to site for me, for Apple-related technical info. Some really knowledgeable people participate.

Date: February 20, 2019 12:33PM
And there’s also this: [arstechnica.com]

Posted by: Fred_Also
Date: February 20, 2019 02:09PM
"We have also arrested all those who claim that they are barristers, bank officials, Lottery Agents who has money for transfer"

Do they think that we believe these people really exist?
Date: February 20, 2019 03:04PM
They locked them all up in Scam Quentin.

Posted by: hal
Date: February 20, 2019 04:36PM
Looks the same as always to me - a long story that tries to bait people's greedy instinct followed by a request for money
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: February 20, 2019 06:51PM
I love to read these. The grammar and punctuation are hilarious.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: freeradical
Date: February 20, 2019 07:02PM
DinerDave
I love to read these. The grammar and punctuation are hilarious.

Dave

Running it through spell and grammar check on M$ Word doesn't change much...:-)

We have been able to track down so many of this scam artist in various parts of west African countries which includes (NIGERIA, REPUBLIC OF BENIN, TOGO, GHANA CAMEROUN AND SENEGAL) and they are all in our custody here in Lagos Nigeria. We have been able to recover so much money from these scam artists. The United Nation Anti-crime commission and the United State Government have ordered the money recovered from the Scammers to be shared among 100 Lucky people around the globe.

This email is been directed to you because your email address was found in one of the scam Artists file and computer hard disk in our custody here in Nigeria. You are therefore being compensated with $2.5 Million Dollars. We have also arrested all those who claim that they are barristers, bank officials, Lottery Agents who has money for transfer or want you to be the next of kin of such funds, which does not exist. Since your name appeared among the lucky beneficiaries who will receive a compensation of $2.5 Million, we have arranged your payment through our (KTT) Bank to Bank-Telegraphic Transfer center.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 75
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020