advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone work at Kinkos? Or familiar with a clear plastic thick material used as a report cover there? Help me please.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 18, 2006 02:34PM
The VP downstairs has a booklet that was printed at Kinkos. It's 8.5 x 11, landscape, the pages are just typical bond or whatever, the back cover is chipboard maybe, and the front cover is a plastic translucent "board". It's not clear, it's frosted so to speak. The book is plastic coil bound.

This VP wants to bind some booklets the same way, but these are 17" x 11" and Kinkos does not have the cover stock in anything larger than legal size.

They are not very forthcoming on what the cover material is called, perhaps they really don't know. So I am reduced to trying to describe this stuff to my vendors, much like I am trying to describe it here, and so far, so bad, finding it.

I'd like to Google this material and find a source, as Kinkos says they will bind his booklets with supplied material. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS CALLED.

I have tried various word combinations but it's not working.

Anyone know what this stuff is called? It looks like Glama if you are familiar with that, but it is thick like a really thick duplex stock. What is this stuff?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone work at Kinkos? Or familiar with a clear plastic thick material used as a report cover there? Help me please.
Posted by: kurtzie
Date: January 18, 2006 03:13PM
Is it paper like Glama or is it plastic?

Glama does have a 65# cover now...

Steve
Re: Anyone work at Kinkos? Or familiar with a clear plastic thick material used as a report cover there? Help me please.
Date: January 18, 2006 03:20PM
It feels like plastic to me. I don't actually have it here, maybe I need to go down and have another look. But it is thicker than 65#, I'm sure. Thanks for the the tip about Glama, maybe they would be okay with using that since I seem to be coming up short here!
Posted by: Stavs
Date: January 18, 2006 03:59PM
I work at Kinko's, so here's the scoop. I'm not sure if we can get the frosted covers in 11x17. The frosted covers are made by GBC and I know they make custom covers in 8.5x11, but not sure about 11x17.

[www.gbcoffice.com]

I would contact GBC and inquire with them. We can get clear 11x17 covers up to 10ml, but most stores dont stock it because we do very little binding of 11x17s.

Stavs
Date: January 18, 2006 04:18PM
Thank you Stavs. According to the woman at GBC, 11 x 17 would be a custom order, so I don't think we will be using the GBC frosted cover!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
Date: January 18, 2006 11:17PM
As a happy Ex-coworker I found this game quite a flashback.
[www.persuasivegames.com]

BZFlag is a free multiplayer multiplatform 3D tank battle game.
Posted by: Stavs
Date: January 19, 2006 05:25AM
$tevie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you Stavs. According to the woman at GBC, 11
> x 17 would be a custom order, so I don't think we
> will be using the GBC frosted cover!
>
> Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Dont thank me, thank Jimmypoo for pointing me to this thread.

Stavs
Date: January 19, 2006 09:44AM
Thank you, Jimmypoo. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 100
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020