advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Camera battery: ID Secure?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 24, 2019 10:51AM
Was browsing for a possible spare battery for a Panasonic LX-7.

The original is a DMW-BCJ13PP. I’m also seeing a DMW-BCJ13E online, although that one seems referenced mostly to the predecessor LX-5. Capacities are the same I think.

What’s ID Secure?

One aftermarket battery said their’s won’t show battery life on the camera’s screen, which seems really stupid, so I’m guessing it’s not “ID Secure.” I’m not normally a fan of 3rd party batteries to begin with, but nor would I want to spend the $30 or so it might require for the battery to say “Panasonic” on it.

Is this like Apple’s MFi (Made For iPod/iPhone) program, a chip that identifies the thing so that it’s “OK” to use?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Camera battery: ID Secure?
Posted by: space-time
Date: March 24, 2019 08:33PM
I have no idea what that is, but have you seen this one?

[www.bhphotovideo.com]
Posted by: Gareth
Date: March 25, 2019 12:53AM
I've never heard the term "ID Secure". Usually it's something along the lines of "decoded" or "fully decoded" which means the 3rd party manufacturer has "decoded" the camera brands authentication so that their battery will be seen as an official battery and display the capacity. Otherwise you'll often get an error that pops up when you power on the camera, and the capacity won't display (but you'll still be able to use the camera, just with no idea when it might die).
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 25, 2019 07:12AM
OK so I guess that’s what that means after all. And I’ll keep that Watson brand in mind. It’s a smaller capacity but the price is certainly better than OEM.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 132
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020