advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Cracked my 1.5 GHz Mini!
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: December 13, 2005 12:51AM
That is, I cracked my case open so that I could install 1 GB RAM. It was really easy! Anyone nervous to do this, don't be. The white bottom is much more pliable than hard plastic. The putty knife slips right down in there. Push it down about 1/4" or so, then the white cover pops out as you flip it with the putty knife. However, do it in the right spot. There are a lot of videos and pdf files to show you where... do a search...

I think this is my 4th Post here!

I still like DealMac, and 123macmini.com... so, I will frequent all the forums...

Jeff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2005 12:53AM by SKYLANE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Cracked my 1.5 GHz Mini!
Posted by: lafinfil
Date: December 13, 2005 07:40AM
It does look pretty easy from what I have seen.
Give us a report on how it runs with more RAM

>
> I still like DealMac, and 123macmini.com... so, I will frequent all the forums...
>

Nothing wrong with that Jeff. All are welcome here

I have invited a number of folks over and stressed in my invite that I was not bashing DM
or asking them to take a pledge - just stop and say hi to all the familiar faces.
I'm glad you found your way here.

Posted by: Gutenberg
Date: December 13, 2005 07:47AM
Sometimes I get my groceries at Safeway, sometimes at Giant, and sometimes at Santoni's. They are all good for different things. No reason to get exclusive! I feel the same way about the forums, though it's good to see so many familiar names posting here. I hope people will support Tempe's forum too: www.macinforum.com
Posted by: stoney70005
Date: December 13, 2005 11:41AM
Speaking of opening an Apple product, has anyone here tried to open an original Ipod? MAN that was a pain in the ass!
Posted by: lafinfil
Date: December 13, 2005 12:07PM
Don't know about the iPod but good to see you stoney

How's things working out for you in your new location ?

Posted by: stoney70005
Date: December 14, 2005 02:49PM
Well, the job situation is poor, haven't scored a full time gig in Tennessee, but am doing some freelance stuff as well as stuff for our New Orleans clients (those still in business). Am trying VERY hard to avoid going back to New Orleans, as it will suffer from a very depressed economy for years to come. Thanks for asking.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 122
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020