advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone else have issues with a Motorola V276?
Posted by: DP
Date: January 22, 2007 07:04AM
I'm on my second one after a little over a year and this one's funky too. I'm also on my second charger which seems to be a really crappy design. It's a loose fit and it doesn't seem to charge the phone properly; I'll think I have it plugged in properly but it'll also show no charge after being plugged in all night. I'll plug it back in, wiggle it a bit, then it'll show a full charge but I'll make a call for ten minutes and it shows a low battery. This is the original battery but dying after a year?
The keyboard lights up intermittently. I thought it lit up in the dark but that doesn't seem to be the case every time. I've looked at settings but can't find a way to set it. I've also had an issue with my phone not ringing-just getting a voicemail notification up to a couple hours after the call although it's usually 5 or 10 minutes after. It's disconcerting as I use my phone for business and have missed one very important call because of it. As of now that happens about once every two weeks but still... It could be Verizon as a friend says it's happened to her too.
I clicked the phone support link on Verizon's web site but it takes me to a blank page which says "Done" at the bottom (Firefox) so no help there.
I would buy a new phone as I have to wait till November to get a free one but Verizon, like others, only gives deals to new customers. But I am the type that uses a phone simply to make calls. No Vcast, text messaging, etc., and I don't buy a new phone just because it's cool.
Verizon will only give me 25% of the list price if I buy one. Any suggestions (other than the obvious rude ones)?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone else have issues with a Motorola V276?
Posted by: Go To Top
Date: January 22, 2007 09:33AM
I seldom heard mine ring.

My phone company replaced it free with a Nokia e911 phone cuz the Moto doesn't get e911 and they want all subscribers to have that. (A Verizon local affiliate).

A man who is of "sound mind" is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key.
(Paul Valery)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 195
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020