advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How much does your domain name registrar charge for .com/.org/.net renewals?
Posted by: The UnDoug
Date: April 22, 2019 11:44AM
I've been with Dreamhost for many, many years, and have ten domain names registered with them. I have to renew a bunch of them, and just saw that the renewal price for all of them (a mix of .com, .org, and .net domains) is $15.99 each. I believe that's a bit higher than it used to be, and I'm wondering if anyone else has a registrar they've been with for a few years, and which has been around for a while (i.e. a proven track record, and not going away any time soon), which charges less per domain for *renewals*. I know a lot of places charge less for the initial registration, but the prices for renewals are often higher.

Thanks!

[www.zeemaps.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How much does your domain name registrar charge for .com/.org/.net renewals?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: April 22, 2019 11:54AM
Haters gonna hate on GoDaddy, but I can always find a good coupon if I start looking a month or two before renewal.

Re: How much does your domain name registrar charge for .com/.org/.net renewals?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 22, 2019 11:58AM
....according to Seinfeld.....if you are the 'master of your domain'......it won't cost you anything.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: lost in space
Date: April 22, 2019 12:03PM
My Namecheap renewals are $13.16. Not much difference.

Posted by: Robert M
Date: April 22, 2019 12:10PM
UnDoug,

Not even sure. I like Directnic. It's been a solid, reliable provider. To me, that's worth more than saving a buck or two or three on the registration.

Robert
Posted by: Gareth
Date: April 22, 2019 12:18PM
$15ish is about par for renewals. If you want to deal with switching registrars every year, then you might get an introductory rate somewhere else.
Posted by: clay
Date: April 22, 2019 12:27PM
cloud flare now offers at-cost registrations (varies, depending on which TLD). I'm still on name cheap, but am considering a mass move to cloud flare.
Posted by: wurm
Date: April 22, 2019 12:39PM
I just renewed a couple of mine with NameSilo for $8.99 each. Another due in less than a month. Been with them a couple of years now (moved from NameCheap)
[www.namesilo.com] (scroll down for pricing of renewals)
Posted by: Gilbert
Date: April 22, 2019 01:15PM
I moved my domains to NameSilo a couple of years ago. I like that they include Whois privacy with their regular price. No complaints.

May have to check out cloudflare at the next renewal.
Posted by: Carm
Date: April 22, 2019 03:59PM
wurm
I just renewed a couple of mine with NameSilo for $8.99 each. Another due in less than a month. Been with them a couple of years now (moved from NameCheap)
[www.namesilo.com] (scroll down for pricing of renewals)

Same here. Namesilo no coupons to search for.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 410
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020