advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
yikes, my SanDisk card is corrupted! how to save?
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 26, 2019 12:25PM
my usually reliable SanDisk Extreme that I use in my phone (android) is no longer readable. totally weird. nothing unusual happened, no (very) strange downloaded apps to corrupt it that I know of. repeated restarts have not yielded joy.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: yikes, my SanDisk card is corrupted! how to save?
Posted by: btfc
Date: April 26, 2019 12:32PM
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 26, 2019 01:00PM
....must resist....don't post anything political.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: mikebw
Date: April 26, 2019 01:45PM
NewtonMP2100
....must resist....don't post anything political.....

Right!?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: April 26, 2019 02:45PM
I also had 2 SanDisk Extreme 16GB SD cards go bad after minimal use in a camera. Bought them together, used one just a few times before it went toes up. Thought it was a fluke. Started using the second one, and it went toes up even quicker. SanDisk was cordial about trying to recover the lost pics on 'em, but to no avail. By the time I got around to thinking about sending them back for refund or replacement, their value wasn't worth the aggro.

Still have tons of SanDisk flash drives, and now have some 64GB and 128GB mSD cards from them in mobile devices, but that Extreme experience soured me. Never had such total failure of any SD card in any camera before or since. I hope you are able to find some joy and recover your data. Good luck.
==
Posted by: rouderon
Date: April 26, 2019 04:42PM
If you have access to Windows you can try Zar X
I had a user with a corrupted flash drive and this was the only program that worked (and I tried several).
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 26, 2019 04:47PM
Thanks, rouderon, I will try that.

And, yes, this is not good. The music I lost can be duplicated, but I did have lots of photos and some video. Ugh.
Posted by: hal
Date: April 26, 2019 05:16PM
compressed air blown into the card slot?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: April 26, 2019 05:31PM
Have you tried PhotoRec?
[www.cgsecurity.org]

A friend accidentally erased an SD card, and I was able to recover it for her.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 134
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020