advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
pin hole?!.....this Apple 'legacy' software will no longer work in future macOS updates....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 30, 2019 08:01AM
....Aperture.....

Apple Says Aperture Won't Run in Future macOS Versions After Mojave

....In a new support document, Apple has indicated that its legacy photo editing suite Aperture will not run in future versions of macOS after macOS Mojave. The support document provides users with steps to migrate Aperture libraries to Apple's newer Photos app for Mac or Adobe Lightroom Classic.

Apple ceased development of Aperture in June 2014 and removed the software from the Mac App Store in April 2015 after the launch of the Photos app for Mac. However, the application continues to function on macOS Mojave for users who still have it installed, albeit with some performance limitations.

As part of the transition from 32-bit to 64-bit, certain media files created using older formats or codecs will also be incompatible with future versions of macOS after macOS Mojave. Apple has shared instructions on how to convert incompatible media in iMovie libraries and Final Cut Pro X and Motion projects.

will no longer run............to you...............ooooooooh.....?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: pin hole?!.....this Apple 'legacy' software will no longer work in future macOS updates....
Posted by: p8712
Date: April 30, 2019 08:48AM
iPhoto? Still running under mojave
Re: pin hole?!.....this Apple 'legacy' software will no longer work in future macOS updates....
Posted by: freeradical
Date: April 30, 2019 09:44AM
All of my negative still work in enlargers...
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 30, 2019 09:46AM
....that what she said....!!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: davemchine
Date: April 30, 2019 05:22PM
I'm still running iPhoto. When it stops working I'll probably run it in a virtual machine. The only negative is that it doesn't to facial recognition. I keep it for the Events which is clearly the best way to organize photos. Maybe Apple will add that feature to Photos and then I can migrate.

Sometimes it feels like the more we upgrade the more features we lose. It wasn't like this in the past. I used to look forward to upgrades and new features. Now every upgrade comes with a loss of features. Apple is wandering in the desert and has no idea where they are going.
Posted by: Billybob
Date: April 30, 2019 05:52PM
davemchine
I'm still running iPhoto. When it stops working I'll probably run it in a virtual machine. The only negative is that it doesn't to facial recognition. I keep it for the Events which is clearly the best way to organize photos. Maybe Apple will add that feature to Photos and then I can migrate.

Sometimes it feels like the more we upgrade the more features we lose. It wasn't like this in the past. I used to look forward to upgrades and new features. Now every upgrade comes with a loss of features. Apple is wandering in the desert and has no idea where they are going.

But the stock keeps going up (almost 5% after hours)!

I do agree with you. I am slow walking several updates for the exact same reason.
Posted by: kledo
Date: April 30, 2019 09:17PM
It's always sunny on OS10.6 -- nice to keep old hardware around - sad to need it to get thing doneā€¦.

--Kledo
Posted by: Don C
Date: April 30, 2019 11:50PM
I just left iWeb for my group'a web site last week. Started having problems with the ftp operation so I could not update the site. Level 3 support essentially told me "it should be working now" and closed the ticket but in fact I the problem was not solved.

iWeb worked really well for me and I hate to give it up. There are things I could do that Weebly makes hard though I suppose those could be learning curve issues) on my part.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020