Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Coast guard seizes a Cocaine Submarine
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 24, 2019 04:02PM
[www.nbcnews.com]

The U.S. Coast Guard captured a 40-foot-long submarine carrying 12,000 pounds of cocaine worth more than $165 million in the Pacific Ocean as it made its way to the United States earlier this month, authorities said Tuesday.

Crew members of the Coast Guard cutter Valiant launched two smaller boats that boarded the drug-carrying vessel and captured four suspected smugglers in the eastern Pacific on Sept. 5, officials said.

The capture came with the "assistance of Colombian Naval assets that arrived on scene shortly after," according to the Coast Guard statement. A Coast Guard spokesman declined to reveal any more specific details about where the operation took place.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Coast guard seizes a Cocaine Submarine
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 24, 2019 04:07PM
.....is this the 'Caine.......mutiny....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: testcase
Date: September 24, 2019 04:49PM
The CG or Navy could have run some "depth charge testing". NO trial or processing needed. Could have saved a LOT of money. The dopers would never have known what happened to their shipment old fogey smiley
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 24, 2019 05:20PM
testcase
The CG or Navy could have run some "depth charge testing". NO trial or processing needed. Could have saved a LOT of money. The dopers would never have known what happened to their shipment old fogey smiley

While I totally appreciate the sentiment, there's a chance that 12,000 pounds of cocaine being indiscriminately dispersed into the ocean, might put a little too much "wild" into the ocean's wildlife, and that might not be a good thing. Now if there were a way to achieve essentially the same result without endangering wildlife....
==
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: September 24, 2019 05:34PM
Calling this thing a "Submarine" is a bit of a stretch.

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 24, 2019 05:46PM
'we all live in a snorting submarine.'

'semisubmarineboat'?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 24, 2019 05:49PM
testcase

That is essentially what the President of the Philippines has been doing for the past few years. So far he has a body count somewhere north of 15,000 and climbing.

Perhaps you'd like to see that emulated here, maybe take the Sackler family out behind the barn and shoot them?
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: September 24, 2019 09:19PM
Buzz
testcase

While I totally appreciate the sentiment, there's a chance that 12,000 pounds of cocaine being indiscriminately dispersed into the ocean, might put a little too much "wild" into the ocean's wildlife, and that might not be a good thing. Now if there were a way to achieve essentially the same result without endangering wildlife....
==

It says 500kg were recovered and several thousand kg were left in the boat for safety reasons. They then sank the boat.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: September 24, 2019 11:59PM
M A V I C
Buzz
testcase

==

It says 500kg were recovered and several thousand kg were left in the boat for safety reasons. They then sank the boat.

The term "for safety reasons" seems a bit nebulous. I'm guessing the cocaine was used as ballast and removing more might have caused a severe list or at least major instability in open water for the sub. I've got to wonder how watertight the individual packages were and how long it'll take the seawater to dissolve the cocaine inside.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Posted by: MindMeld
Date: September 25, 2019 05:19AM
Was it a "Yellow Submarine?"
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: September 25, 2019 09:39AM
Was this a Cheech and Chong movie?
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 25, 2019 12:04PM
The CG or Navy could have run some "depth charge testing". NO trial or processing needed. Could have saved a LOT of money. The dopers would never have known what happened to their shipment

That's similar to a subplot (npi) of a Tom Clancy book. He had F-16s buzzing narco planes flying over water below radar. The transports would dive to avoid a head-on collision and splash.

Perhaps you'd like to see that emulated here, maybe take the Sackler family out behind the barn and shoot them?

No!

A smart bomb tracking an IR designator would be my choice.

Low yield, of course.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 25, 2019 02:37PM
That was my retirement cocaine! I just needed one last score!
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: September 25, 2019 02:42PM
More about Cocaine and sea-life. [www.hakaimagazine.com]

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 26, 2019 01:54AM
! I just needed one last score!

Just when I thought I was out...

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 26, 2019 03:04PM
RAMd®d
! I just needed one last score!

Just when I thought I was out...

Now I'm on my epic revenge tour to smite my enemies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020